We are a fast-growing regenerative organic food B-Corporation dedicated to improving our impact on the lives of smallholder farmers and the environment while producing organic tropical fruits and related products in Nicaragua. Our family of three international companies develops smallholder regenerative tropical fruit farmers, processes and exports fresh fruit, organic juices, purees, dried fruit and powders to strategic partners in the regenerative and social impact space worldwide, and imports, distributes and markets our products via Sol Simple, our ROC (Regenerative Organic Certified) retail facing brand in the US.
As a Sales & Marketing Director, you will drive sales and profitability of the company. This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for growing the company’s revenue. The Director is expected to refine the business plan, develop a sales and marketing strategy, and execute and operationalize the plan. Your high energy, drive, creativity, leadership and outstanding communication skills will maximize revenue opportunities in the manufacturing, retail, wholesale, co-packing, and ecommerce channels. This role will span the U.S., Latin America, and European markets for the company’s juice, puree, fresh fruit, dried fruit and retail snack products. The company specializes in transparently sourced fair trade and regenerative organic products with authentic source stories so our story and impact become our customers’ story and impact.
Your job tasks, responsibilities and objectives:
- Build and manage Sol Simple, a successful brand with focus on U.S. market;
- Catalyze partnerships in the ROC space (large multinational companies either are already working with us or wanting to due to our pioneering work in certification and delivery of ROC certified products)
- Manage relationships with wholesale, retail, and distribution to end consumers, including independent distributors and direct sales, as well as bulk ingredient and food service customers;
- Grow B2B ingredient business by expanding into new markets and new product lines;
- Define and grow fresh produce business in Central America, Europe & US;
- Develop and launch new products;
- Effectively lead team and P&L
- Successfully grow a business, integrating and expanding business units;
- Define and execute brand and marketing strategy: market research, PR, traditional media, social media, events, content, SEO and website;
- Develop ecommerce sales strategies to meet revenue and growth targets
- Implement and utilize analytics to track sales trends and identify opportunities for growth
- Conceptualize digital marketing initiatives, analyze data and measure results
- Plan and monitor Amazon, Facebook and Google paid search marketing campaigns
- Assist and plan exhibition at annual global food trade shows;
- Manage customer service team, customer quality and customer complaint resolution, and CRM management system;
- Determine pricing and conduct competitive price research;
- Prepare Quarterly Board Memos; and
- Manage International Sales Manager, Sr. Sales Associate, and Customer Service Assistant.
For this challenging role you are required to have:
- Minimum Bachelor level (ideally International Trade and/or Agricultural education); Preferred MBA or Masters
- At least 8 years’ experience, preferably in a trade or retail role in the processed fruit and retail industry
- Km. 42.75 road San Marcos-Jinotepe, 400 m west. San Marcos, Carazo, Nicaragua
- www.solorganica.com / www.burkeagro.com / www.solsimple.com
- Experience in processed fruit & vegetable sales or dry products, affinity with food (fruit) ingredients and the organic industry are a plus
- Experience in an import/export environment
- Affinity with food ingredients and the organic industry
- Proven excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Fluent in English language (in writing and verbally) is a must; Spanish is desirable
- Effective contract negotiation skills
- Awareness of relevant prevailing quality and food safety regulations
- Ability to solve challenging problems
- Being able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction
- Comfortable with change and developing new processes and solutions
- An “international” mindset, result driven, attention to detail and a team player
- IT affinity: advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience implementing or working with CRMs, Salesforce or Hubspot
- Experience with Amazon, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc
- Independent risk/ reward assessment
- Willingness to travel, also internationally (about 10% of your time)
- Live part time in Nicaragua (6 months)
The conditions of employment we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing company;
- A full-time position
- A pleasant and dynamic work environment;
- A good remuneration package;
- A company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude.
Nicaragua is the land of lakes and volcanoes. Living in Nicaragua offers a whole new perspective and opportunity for travel, new life experiences and skills, and a new perspective amidst the Covid-19 reality. Nicaragua (hotels, bars, restaurants, etc.) is open for business. It is where our US ex-patriot team is based. Our experienced local and ex-pat staff provide a professional environment in a growing company that is recognized as a leader in the regenerative agriculture space. The low cost of living in Nicaragua provides new opportunities for savings, conveniences and travel that are not akin to US living, while also providing significant professional development and experience with leaders in social and environmental impact. Nicaragua is a two-hour flight away from Miami and a 3-hour flight from Houston.
The closest beaches to San Marcos and Managua are about 45 minutes away. The popular beaches of the south are only 90 minutes+ from San Marcos. Within 60 minutes of Managua or San Marcos, one can find themselves lost in a colonial city, enjoying one of the 365 islands on Lake Nicaragua (which has sharks), shopping for crafts in a local market, hiking through the mountains in a coffee farm, basking in a volcanic lagoon, kitesurfing, surfing, fishing, visiting Spanish forts, musing pre-Colombian petroglyphs and marveling the magma in the caldera of Vulcan Masaya.
In order to be considered for the position, please submit your CV in English and a cover letter explaining your interest when applying.