This position will be responsible for developing, quantifying and maintaining business leads and opportunities within North America. This includes but is not limited to maintaining and growing existing customer relationship in the Nutritional Supplements, Cosmeceutical and Functional Food areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with CEO on creating and executing an overall sales strategy
- Develops annual sales budget with the guidance of the CEO.
- Ensures attainment of sales budget with assigned account base.
- Compile & qualify new channel target lists to determine viability.
- Attend trade shows, designated conferences & webinars.
- Visit existing customers and target accounts to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Maintain records in CRM of customer activity and files to ensure proper call frequency and follow-up in resolving customer challenges and opportunities.
- Develop / Execute an annual account plan for Top 10 customers, prospects & products and assign to respective sales associates in their territories.
- Work closely with the marketing department to implement approved strategies to achieve sales.
- 60%+ travel will be required within North America meeting customers and also post sales call services.
SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Industry background with technical knowledge preferred.
- 10+ years’ work experience in B2B sales of ingredients in nutraceutical, food, health & cosmetics sectors as Director or Senior Manager levels.
- Market knowledge of nutrition, cosmetics ingredients and product application will be a plus.
- Ideal candidate to have strong client relationship management in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a Life Science discipline) with knowledge of natural product chemistry, dietary supplements & functional foods preferred.
- Must be able to define problems, establish facts, and then draw valid conclusions.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to communicate across multiple departments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs, (Outlook, Power Point, CRM or similar applications) is required.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong time management, PC and communication skills.
Will be stationed at our headquarters in New Jersey.
Salary, incentives and compensation are open & negotiable.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.