Senior Director of Conventional Grocery
Eastern US – Works Remotely
Ideal Locations: Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence Marketing is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry working in communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
The Senior Director of Conventional Grocery is the leader responsible for the day to day management, growth and strategic initiatives of our Eastern Conventional Grocery Team. The Senior Director is a self-starter who has the ability to really “own” their business; working with senior leadership and owners both internally and externally and presenting, quarterbacking and tackling the overall business objectives. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves, be strong willed, detailed driven, highly motivated and dedicated to growing natural focused food and beverage brands throughout the Eastern Region.
A day in the life:
- Leadership – as the Senior Director of Conventional Grocery, you lead by example, manage, develop and coach the East Director Team and National/Senior Accounts in your region. You are the leader of the team and run the day-to-day operations, responsible for creating the strategy, vision and operating plan while ensuring it’s aligned with Presence Marketing and our portfolio of brands within the Conventional channel.
- Relationship Building – building and establishing key relationships with Eastern US Customers, Distributors, industry partners and associations to increase volume and drive the business to the next level, is key. This includes strategizing with business owners and C-level executives while collaborating with colleagues across the US.
- New Business Development – you must be a high-performing individual with the ability to influence change; creating forward thinking business plans to maximize conventional sales while overseeing budgets. Capable in both the strategic aspects as well as the hands-on execution on building and growing brands and your division, developing new business opportunities, and tactically planning for growth in your market.
- Presenting – you must be comfortable to make concise and compelling presentations to a variety of audiences; capturing the attention and engagement of the most demanding and time-pressed individuals.
- Analytics – knowing your business and opportunities is an essential piece of driving sales, creating new opportunities for your accounts and our brands. Understanding, analyzing and presenting data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is important to manage, monitor and utilize in order to maximize new product placement, capitalize during category reviews and gain successful promotions.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). This dynamic position requires working in partnership with all departments.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required as the market changes, as well as for industry tradeshows, new client meetings and industry events, etc.
What we are looking for:
- At least 10+ years of sales and/or brand management experience, preferably in the CPG industry and Conventional Grocery channel - knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Prior experience and demonstrated success for managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to effectively build trust-based relationships with senior-level and C-Suite leaders
- Excellent skills in the following areas: presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to travel (approximately 30%)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.