At Natrol LLC, we welcome and embrace creative and motivated talent to join a culture of innovation and inclusion where we value our employees and provide them the tools and environment to harness and cultivate change. In support of our company’s principles, values, vision and mission, it is the mission of human resources to support the total operation in meeting its goals through its most valuable resource—its PEOPLE. Join our team as our Director-Customer Marketing.
As the Director-Customer Marketing you will lead a team that interacts cross functionally with Field Sales, Brand Marketing, Finance, Regulatory and Supply Chain/Operations as well as with third-party brokers on major national accounts. You are responsible for developing and administering the strategic objectives for the Customer Marketing team. This position is a key member of the Sales Leadership team and reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Delivering results
- Analysis and problem solving
- Judgement to consistently develop correct plan
- Working well with others
- Communication skills
- Managing and developing personnel
- Strategic skills
- Financial acumen
- Functional Mastery
- Lead and develop all direct reports. Ensure continuous training, development and career progression for high potential personnel. Be a champion of your team’s professional goals.
- Continuously evaluate team performance and refine rewards/responsibility recommendations to ensure on-going high levels of team engagement.
- Recruit high potential talent.
- Quickly identify poor performers and work with Human Resources to understand the reasons behind poor performance. Once full understanding of situation has been achieved, work with employee and HR to develop an improvement plan or (depending on circumstance) plan to exit poor performing employee from organization.
- Develop, refine, gain alignment and lead team to execute strategies related to product, pricing, promotions and merchandising in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Work closely with key Sales personnel to ensure strategies align to channel specific objectives and hurdles.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to ensure strategies align with broader corporate objectives.
- Ensure communication excellence throughout the company in all aspects related to the Sales organization.
- Lead weekly calls with Field Sales Directors to facilitate alignment between Customer Marketing and Field Sales.
- Represent Field Sales at internal cross-functional meetings, providing internal teams with relevant information on Field Sales needs, activities, timelines, etc.
- Lead, coach and provide strategic direction to the Customer Marketing team.
- Lead team to proactively collaborate with Brand Marketing and Field Sales in the development of sell-in strategies for new items as it relates to product, pricing, promotions and merchandising.
- Lead team to proactively collaborate with Field Sales to develop customer promotions that can be utilized at multiple accounts such as free-standing displays, PDQ trays, etc.
- Lead team to proactively develop channel-wide promotional calendar and work with Brand Marketing and Field Sales to ensure Customer Marketing promotional activity aligns with national marketing campaigns.
- Lead team to proactively identify growth and/or cost savings opportunities and develop recommendations to capitalize.
- Lead team to ensure all account specific opportunities and follow-ups are handled with drive, efficiency and outstanding customer support.
- Lead team to identify new channels of trade opportunities. IE Beauty, convenience, airports, hotels, etc. And develop sell-in platforms that align with channels strategies.
- Ensure that the account specific P&L review process is executed flawlessly.
- Lead and manage the team to ensure DRS (reverse logistics 3rd party) is being administered efficiently and tracked monthly. Provide regular updates to the key Natrol stakeholders.
- Manage the close outs process with internal team, Field Sales and/or DRS.
- Represent Field Sales at third-party marketing and promotional capabilities meetings.
- Lead the team to ensure flawless support for the Field Sales personnel.
- Lead the team to ensure private label bids and follow up support is administered in a flawless and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience; 10 years or more experience in vitamin, supplements, health and wellness or related categories preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Customer or Retail Marketing required.
- Thorough understanding of Category Management principles, strategies and metrics.
- Experience and knowledge of consumer products sales to large format retailers in food, drug, mass and club channels is essential. Direct sales experience with key accounts is preferred.
- Understanding of channel dynamics and distributors in the natural products channel is preferred.
- Must be a strategic thinker with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities.
- Must be able to work effectively with internal cross functional teams.
- Must be able to comfortably deal with changing environments.
- Must be comfortable working in a lean organization with limited resources.
- Must possess customer/consumer-centric mindset.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously; high energy level is essential.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have a strong results orientation.
- Must possess strong executional skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Must possess strong analytical and project management skills.
- Must be flexible, have a strong sense of urgency and be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Advanced Excel knowledge regarding formulas, pivot tables, vlookup etc… highly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to manipulate and extract information from internal software programs (i.e. SAP).
- Must be knowledgeable of Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated research tools and display strong category management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
Travel: Approximately 10-15% travel
The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with disabilities.