Mickelberry Gardens is a Portland-based dietary supplement company. We manufacture a line of products based around honey, beeswax, bee pollen, propolis, and medicinal herbs. We pride ourselves in quality and expect excellence from our staff. We have a small staff of 5, along with 2 working owners. We operate in a laid-back and friendly environment, and we work hard to meet our goals.
The QC/QA portion of this job is about 25 hours per week. To reach full time or 40 hours per week, a candidate would need to be willing to complete additional tasks such as helping with production, customer service, or other miscellaneous tasks. We would also be open to hiring someone at 25 hours per week, who focuses exclusively on the QA/QC role.
Job location will be at our headquarters in NE Portland, address is 12450 NE Marx. Visit our website to learn more about our company: www.mickelberrygardens.com
We are looking for a candidate with strong administrative and organizational skills, background working in a Quality Control/Quality Assurance capacity for a food or herbal supplement company, and knowledge of GMP and HAACP requirements. Microbiological background is also a desired skill.
Essential Job Duties:
- Understand and implement Mickelberry Gardens Quality Assurance Procedures
- Complete daily temperature and facility checks
- Perform check-in of all incoming ingredients and components – take samples, complete paperwork, approve or reject based on company specifications.
- Assist with drying, testing, and stocking of fresh medicinal herbs
- Keep up with, refine, and improve all GMP documentation and paperwork
- Label and stock ingredients that have been cleared for use
- Organize and prepare all samples for laboratory testing
- Check over and clear batch paperwork, in communication with production staff
- Check over and clear finished product for sale
- Investigate all deviations from set standards, prepare reports
- Keep records, logs, files, binders, and spreadsheets up to date and organized
- Perform quarterly internal company audits, Assist with all 3rd party audits
- Serve as an active member of the HAACP Food Safety Team
- Calibration of tools and equipment as needed
- Assisting with other office-related tasks as needed
- Communicate regularly with owners, production, shipping, and office staff
Additional job duties, based on candidates’ background:
- Implementing in-house microbiology testing
- Paid sick + vacation time
- Up to $275 monthly health insurance premium reimbursement
- Paid lunch and breaks
- Flexible schedule – 4-day work week is an option.
- Break room stocked with snacks, tea, and coffee.
- Monthly free product balance
Interested candidates, please apply today and submit your current resume and a letter of interest.
We hope to hire the right person in June or July 2021.
Bachelor's degree preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.