Your passionate sustainability experience and leadership are needed to help spearhead our next phase of growth!
Join Measure to Improve (MTI), the fresh produce industry’s sustainability experts, in the company’s newly created position of Vice President of Operations.
MTI is on a growth trajectory as the company pioneers the fresh produce industry’s approach to sustainability. We offer a small, intimate entrepreneurial team that delivers data-driven sustainability programs for our world-class produce clients.
As VP of Operations, you will direct and guide this team and MTI’s workflow strategy while maintaining the organization of all essential business processes. This role includes overseeing the efficiency of current business functions, planning and implementing changes and updates to day-to-day operations, and collaborating with MTI team members to set and meet business objectives.
The VP of Operations is ultimately responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all client deliverables and overall client satisfaction.
You will provide oversight of our clients’ sustainability projects, including proposal development, implementation, and evaluation of projects including zero waste, sustainable packaging, social accountability, energy and water efficiency, greenhouse gas reduction, and related reporting, in addition to a host of on-farm initiatives including healthy soils, regenerative ag, and water.
Founded in 2014, MTI’s mission is to help produce companies measure, improve, and credibly promote their sustainability efforts. Our clients include produce growers, packers, shippers, and industry associations across the United States.
Our staff has a proven track record of helping companies identify and implement strategies to increase efficiency and reduce impacts. By supporting clients in setting ambitious, but attainable, sustainability goals, MTI encourages progress that can be validated and marketed.
MTI’s projects address a variety of sustainability challenges, including water and energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emission reporting, waste reduction, sustainable packaging, social accountability, and sustainability certifications.
- New Business: VP partners with MTI’s CEO on business development to conduct background research on prospective clients and proposal development.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Partner with CEO on business planning, strategy, and P&L management.
- Staff Management and Hiring: Lead a team of sustainability professionals providing mentorship and development. All mid-level and senior staff will report to the VP.
- Client Deliverables and Satisfaction: VP oversees all MTI deliverables to ensure strategic relevance, quality, consistency, and timely delivery.
- Codifying Core Services: To increase efficiency in delivering core services, MTI codifies its approach for each new service. Codifying the MTI approach ensures that we capture key learnings, outline steps towards completion, and create consistent deliverables.
- Trend Spotting: Develop new ideas while staying abreast of relevant changes in and outside of the produce industry, including but not limited to impending legislation, global, national, state, and local sustainability initiatives to inform both internal and client corporate policy and protocols.
- Support MTI’s Marketing Efforts: The CEO will lead MTI’s marketing efforts with the support of the VP and team members.
- Must be passionate about the agricultural industry, fresh produce, and sustainability
- 7-10 years of prior experience with sustainability programs and/or agriculture required
- Master’s Degree or advanced education/training equivalent in the fields of sustainability, environmental studies, or related topics
- Preferred experience includes overseeing the annual Corporate Social Responsibility reporting for an organization; implementing and leading the sustainability strategy for an organization; working with GHG inventory, water, waste, energy, social, or packaging initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, identify trends, and analyze complex data sets required
- 5 – 7 years of managerial experience required
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and balance a variety of sustainability initiatives and clients at the same time
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable in a collaborative, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers and clients
- Ability to work in different settings: in the office, field, and processing facilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required
Our team is competitively compensated and provided full benefits, including a 401k and metric based-financial rewards. As a leader at MTI, your contribution will be recognized both within MTI and beyond, as sustainability programs become integral to every sector of the produce supply chain.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to jobs@measuretoimprovellc.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.