Do you love Ayurveda, yoga, and natural health? Are you passionate about using your social media, community engagement, and design skills to make the world a better place?
In this position, you will lead LifeSpa’s community engagement efforts. You’ll manage our social media channels, affiliate and ambassador programs, and our founder’s public relations and appearances, including podcasts and events. You will also manage the design of creative for social media graphics, websites, promotional email campaigns, and other digital marketing collateral.
Knowledge of and a passion for Ayurveda, herbs, and/or natural healthcare is a huge plus and will make your job more enjoyable. Every day on the job, you’ll learn something new about natural health and you’ll know that your efforts are making the ancient wisdom and modern science of wellness accessible to those who need it.
Assist in LifeSpa’s overall marketing strategy by coordinating and managing all community communications, including, but not limited to, social media, affiliate relationships, outreach coordination, speaking engagements, and content creation. A critical part of this role is the creation of engaging online graphics.
- Social Media: Set, plan, and implement social media communication campaigns and strategies.
- Public Relations + Outreach: Manage and coordinate public relations and speaking engagement opportunities in both directions.
- Design: Deliver effective, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for social media graphics, websites, promotional email campaigns, and other digital marketing collateral.
This is a full-time position, 35-40 hours/week on average.
- Drive our social media presence across all relevant channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for all social media and professional accounts.
- Engage on all social media channels, sharing content and providing customer service as needed, and in a timely manner.
- Develop consistent and relevant traffic leads from our social network presence and consistently explore new ways to reach and engage our target audience.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends, and advise on new social media platforms and emerging best practices to achieve LifeSpa marketing goals.
- Monitor, track, analyze, and report across all channels
- Evaluate market reaction to social media campaigns.
PUBLIC RELATIONS + OUTREACH
- Engage in regular media pitching and outreach in an effort to connect with influential media outlets to raise the profile of LifeSpa.
- Identify, coordinate, and solicit cross-promotional opportunities, social media influencers, affiliates, and partnerships for programs, eCourses, etc.
- Engage and respond to all external media requests.
- Identify, manage, schedule, and coordinate LifeSpa podcasts and external podcast opportunities.
- Coordinate involvement in community organizations and events, including writing proposals.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing marketing strategies and objectives for LifeSpa.
- Add public events to website and appropriate social media outlets.
- Collaborate on email marketing.
- Analyze and run reports for speaking engagement conversion.
- Keep up to date on content marketing strategy and best practices.
- Plan and oversee the creative process for design projects, including print layout, web and email graphics, social media graphics, promotions, video graphics, infographics, illustrations, brand development, and more.
- Assist in transforming existing content into new content in the form of infographics, blogs, etc. to continually develop LifeSpa’s inbound content marketing strategy.
- Maintain and create social media banners for podcasts and other upcoming events
- Keep up with current design trends
- Minimum 2 years in a related field.
- Social media, marketing, and/or community engagement experience is a must
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field (Journalism, Marketing, English, or related communications field) or 3 years related experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Graphic design experience is essential
- Attention to detail, with the ability to think strategically and drive issues to conclusion
- Knowledge and experience with Ayurveda and/or a holistic/natural lifestyle
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites
- A team-player attitude and ability to work harmoniously with others
- Digital marketing experience
- Familiarity with WordPress would be ideal but not essential
- This position requires exceptional project management and communication skills
- Better than average skills in Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Typing: 50+ wpm and data entry
The starting wage is based on experience.
Benefits (after 3months):
- Holiday and vacation PTO
- Generous 100% premium paid Health Insurance plan with HSA and Dental
- LSA (LifeSpa Savings Account) – pre-paid spending account for LifeSpa purchases. Ayurvedic Consultations when and as needed for employee. 40% discount for spouses and children 40% discount on all retail products.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right member for our team, please provide ALL of the following when you apply:
- Cover letter
- A short description of why Ayurveda, or Natural Health in general, is of interest to you.
(Note: You can save all of these as one file and upload it as your resume)