DNX Foods sold its first bar in 2016 and has built a loyal customer base among the Whole30, Paleo, and Keto lifestyles. DNX recipes contain healthy organic fruits and vegetables and use only premium spices. The high-protein, nutrient-rich, Whole30-approved bars are individually priced at around $2.99, with sticks available around $1.99. They are free of gluten, hormones, antibiotics, and added sugar. DNX was created out of necessity for a portable protein snack that is both nutritious and delicious, and we have done just that.
We are now seeking an Executive Vice President and General Manager to help lead our team.
Working from either our Tucson, AZ main offices, or their home/remote office, the Executive Vice President and General Manager, who will drive sales and profitability of the company.
This position reports to the Executive Chairman and is responsible for growing the company’s revenue and securing the capital required to meet the company’s liquidity needs. The EVP is expected to refine the business plan, develop a sales and marketing strategy, including product innovation, and execute and operationalize the plan. Your high energy, drive, creativity, leadership, and outstanding communication skills will maximize revenue opportunities in the retail, wholesale, ecommerce and alternative channels. The company specializes in premium, natural and organic meat snacks for healthy and active lifestyle customers.
Your job tasks, responsibilities, and objectives:
- Build and manage DMX, a successful brand with focus on U.S. market;
- Manage relationships with wholesale, retail, and distribution to end consumers, including independent distributors and direct sales;
- Develop and launch new products;
- Effectively lead team and P&L;
- Raise growth capital to insure operational liquidity needs are met;
- Define and execute brand and marketing strategy: market research, PR, traditional media, social media, events, content, SEO and website;
- Develop ecommerce sales strategies to meet revenue and growth targets;
- Implement and utilize analytics to track sales trends and identify opportunities for growth;
- Conceptualize digital marketing initiatives, analyze data and measure results;
- Plan and monitor Amazon, Facebook and Google paid search marketing campaigns
- Assist and plan exhibition at annual US food trade shows;
- Manage customer service, co-packer relationship and customer quality teams;
- Determine pricing and conduct competitive price research;
- Prepare Quarterly Board Memos.
To be successful in this challenging role you are required to have:
- Minimum Bachelor level Preferred MBA or Masters
- At least 8 years’ experience, preferably in a distribution or retail role in the CPG and retail industry
- Affinity with food ingredients and the organic industry
- Proven excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Effective contract negotiation skills
- Awareness of relevant prevailing quality and food safety regulations
- Ability to solve challenging problems
- Being able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction
- Comfortable with change and developing new processes and solutions
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience implementing or working with CRMs, Salesforce or Hubspot
- Experience with Amazon, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Independent risk/ reward assessment
- Willingness to travel
The conditions of employment we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing company;
- A full-time position;
- A pleasant and dynamic work environment;
- A good remuneration package including significant equity position;
- A company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.