4505 is looking to extend our success in the Natural/Specialty and Food channels to the C-Store, Military, Drug, and Non-Traditional channels. As such, we are seeking a Director of Business - -Development to captain this strategic initiative and establish 4505 as a leading snack brand in the channels. We’re looking for a tenacious sales professional with experience managing brokers, driving key account authorizations, and growing velocity. This position represents a key leadership role in our growing company. This position reports directly to the VP of Sales and is reviewed by the President.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hard-working, self-motivated, ambitious, creative, strategic, collaborative and flexible
- Thrives in a ‘do-what-it-takes”, entrepreneurial environment
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience in consumer product goods, preferably in the prescribed channels (C-Store, National Account experience a must). Salty snack “category disruptor” experience a plus.
- Data Driven (Spins, Nielsen, IRI, etc.) selling experience and ability to understand and analyze
- category trends and metrics
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to effectively implement process
- Microsoft Office proficient particularly in Excel & presentation building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A love of our product and a passion for natural and sustainable products
- Knowledge or experience with paleo/keto lifestyle or communities a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel, and close access to major hub airport.
- Drive retail performance by meeting with brokers, key accounts, and distributors (50-60% travel required)
- Accountable to measurable performance objectives for meeting revenue, velocity and ACV goals.
- Provide leadership and clear objectives amongst broker network to ensure positive relationships, accountability, and performance.
- Build effective sales presentations by utilizing insights and trends developed through review and analysis of category, performance metrics, trends, competition and ROM data.
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of effective promotion strategies, including post-promo analysis to make adjustments to future plans.
- Collaborate with operations and marketing peers to ensure all programs and support vehicles are optimized and delivering on customer needs.
- Manage all promotional planning and trade spend, and review and reconcile bill backs from customers.
- Conduct regular review of Customer P&L to drive out inefficiencies and identify opportunities to drive top and bottom-line growth.
- Accurately forecast growth and total sales
- Participate in new product development and offer advisement with respect to the territory’s market development, channel management and forecasted customer response when requested by Vice President, Sales.
- Interact as needed with marketing to define customer needs in the territory and report results of store-level marketing initiatives.
- Establish and manage joint venture/co-marketing initiatives with other brands, organizations, etc. when requested by Vice President, Sales.
- Maximize trade show and sales event impact and ROI, and provide ongoing recommendations for optimizing on behalf of 4505.
4505 Meats is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.