Who are we?
Trader Joe's is your favorite neighborhood grocery store! With over 540 stores nationwide (and growing), we are the place to be. Looking for something delicious and a friendly conversation? At Trader Joe's, you can find both. We love being your first and favorite place to shop.
What do we do?
Like shopping at Trader Joe's? Then, maybe you'll love working with us. We are looking for an experienced Produce Buyer who is searching to do what they'll love! Do you have experience in Produce Buying or allocation? Do you love food, especially fruits and vegetables? If so, read on! We may have the role of a lifetime for you!
Trader Joe's is unlike any place you've ever worked. Trust us on that. The qualified Produce Buyer has at least two years of buying experience and is a raving fan of the Trader Joe's concept. In this role, you will work with vendors and our internal teams to maintain efficient product flow from vendors to warehouses to stores! A successful candidate for this position will have excellent time management, outstanding problem-solving, and strong analytical skills. This role may be based in our Boston, MA office.
The Produce Buyer is responsible for:
- Creating, managing, and directing purchase orders every week to guarantee the timely arrival of produce to all warehouse locations.
- Managing and communicating out-of-stock positions or other product updates within the Produce category.
- Managing Just-in-Time and Cross-Dock supply effectively at each warehouse.
- Working with Category Managers in planning and projecting the expected needs of our store locations and marketing.
- Maintaining weekly fill rates to ensure our stores receive the volumes they need to support their customers.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to resolve any shipment or cost discrepancies.
- Listening and taking feedback from our customers and crew members about the Produce category.
- This position is required to work on weekends occasionally.
The qualified candidate has:
- At least 2 years of produce buying experience: grocery stores, produce wholesalers, produce distributors, or growers.
- Has strong negotiation skills and comes with prior vendor management experience.
- Uses feedback to research issues, understands customer preferences, and stays ahead of concerns with Category Managers.
- Has a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and especially Excel.
We want to hear from you!
We get a lot of resumes; so, to help us get to know you better, please submit your resume and cover letter. When creating your cover letter, please answer these questions:
- What is your work experience with managing produce SKUs?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?
Trader Joe's is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse Crew.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.