Title: Assistant Formulator
Reporting Structure: To CEO and Formulator
Location: Westbury, NY
Seniority Level: Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Tishcon Corp, a well-established contract manufacturer and product formulation company, is expanding and has a new position available working directly with our CEO and head Formulator. We’re looking for an Assistant Formulator to join our team in Westbury, NY.
In this role, you will plan and conduct development of new products, from initiation stage to commercialization. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry veteran, who has an extensive background in industrial pharmacy, having taught in that area at Columbia University in New York.
Our ideal candidate has a pharmaceutical background and passion for research, analyst, and information technology!
The person we’re searching for has:
- Bachelor of Science degree with pharmaceutical background.
- Experience: a minimum of 3-5 years industrial experience in the pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, Nutraceuticals, OTC developments and technology transfer field.
- Basic knowledge of cGMP / cGLP, lab techniques, etc.
- Knowledge and skills of formulation technology and development, manufacturing equipment and techniques, preparing technical reports/protocols and formulation development report, pharmaceutical science, formulation and technology, and analytical concepts and technology.
- Proven good documentation practices in your career.
- Previous training in: General safety, SOP, cGMP, Safety and HACCP, General Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Packaging procedures. Working knowledge of MS Office.
Your key responsibilities as a Product Formulator include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and conducting development activities from the Product initiation stage to commercialization.
- Providing the requirements for the Development and evaluating the equipment, material, and other requirements for the development and CMO evaluation for the safe scale up of the product
- Supporting the Procurement, Analytical team, Production, QA, QC and others.
This position is in Westbury, NY a great place to live and work! There is an abundance of retail stores and restaurants, it’s a quick and easy train ride to NY City; and is centrally located to access all highways and parkways. Concerts and Sporting event entertainment in many nearby venues such as The Space at Westbury, The Westbury Music Fair and awfully close to Nassau Coliseum. There are many public and private colleges and universities in the area enriching the cultural experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company and take your career to the next level!