As the Inside Sales Representative – Retail you will under general direction of the Director of Sales, perform inside sales(phone sales) to retail accounts, promote manufactured and distributed brands to customers and work with outside sales reps(Field Reps) to develop accounts.
Specific Job Duties:
- Call retail health food accounts within a specified account list and promote manufactured and distributed brands using sales techniques and best practices.
- Take incoming calls and orders from retail accounts. Up sell all orders for additional business.
- Work with Field sales partners to develop growth strategies, create promotions and increase business within account base.
- Seek out new accounts using internet searches, directories and trade publications. Make outbound calls to develop new business opportunities.
- Build rapport with customers, educate and sell products, overcome objections and close the sale. Have a tenacious approach to selling.
- Keep an organized call calendar for scheduled appointment calls.
- Attend sales meetings, sales trainings, and product information sessions.
- Support and fulfill marketing initiatives
- Follow all department and company policies.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two years inside sales, phone sale, or telemarketing experience
- Proven negotiation skills as demonstrated by previous work experience
- Proficient computer skills, including working experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to pass company arithmetic and written tests(minimum score of 80% required)
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Nutritional background a plus(knowledge of vitamins, dietary supplements, and/or natural products industry)
- Project management and/or project team experience
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.