The Key Account Manager will report to the Vice President of Sales and be accountable for building integrated working relationships with segmented retailers that operate in different channels (i.e. Bed Bath & Beyond, Grocery, etc..). These customers are critical to near-term and long-term success as they can deliver both brand-building opportunities and scale necessary to maintain Stasher’s leadership position.
This position may be located anywhere in the United States.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Directly manage day-to-day activities as the primary contact both externally and internally
- Identify and build working relations with decision-makers and influencers deemed essential (i.e. marketing, finance, replenishment)
- Facilitate connections with other Stasher team members and customer counterparts where it is needed or provides competitive advantage (i.e. social marketing, category management)
- Learn to speak each customer’s language by understanding overall company strategies and priorities, culture, decision-making process, key metrics used to measure success
- Develop problem-solving skills that deliver win-win outcomes with unexpected issues
- Build annual plans that align customer growth opportunities and Stasher priorities that outpace category performance
- Secure distribution on core items and new products aligned with channel plans
- Gain favorable position on seasonal programs that deliver win-win results
- Where available, learn how to navigate vendor portal and understand what resources are available (i.e. scorecard, POS data)
- Regularly review data (POS or shipment) to track performance
- Routinely provide current consumer and shopper insights that establish Stasher as the category thought leader, as well as ensure annual plan remains on track
- Provides Energy Insights that drive change in promotion, price, or display practices
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A minimum 5+ years sales experience that includes managing some chain customers
- Preferred experience in multiple channels that could include specialty, grocery, club, etc.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering continued sales growth
- Proficiency in building compelling selling stories
- Experience with using third-party data and insights (i.e. IRI, Mintel)
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Financial acumen capable of conducting ROI and payback analysis
- Strong, persuasive selling skills that are collaborative
- Active listening
- Advanced probing and questioning capabilities
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.