The Brand Manager’s role is to drive the growth, profit, and share for our brand by leading the mining of consumer insights that create a sustainable competitive advantage. In this role, you will set category strategy, optimize the value chain, and lead the creation of killer products. Cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders like Sales, Finance, and Operations as well as external agency partners is paramount in order to plan breakthrough consumer experiences and disruption of the status quo.
- Develop a deep understanding of the demographics, psychographics, and behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer
- Understand, validate and/or develop the consumer’s hidden universal truths to drive relevant communications and innovation
- Identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation
- Identify and address knowledge gaps in consumer, brand, product, business and marketplace in order to build a learning plan.
Innovation & Renovation
- Explore and incorporate new approaches to brand innovation in the brand’s innovation strategy including new business models, distribution strategies, licensing agreements and strategic partnerships
- In collaboration with cross-functional and external experts, generate innovation ideas then select winning opportunities to pursue for brand innovation and renovation
- Lead commercialization and build business plan for new product opportunities in collaboration with sales, operations, product development and finance
- Develop and support an annual plan to closely align the efforts of Marketing and Sales to generate optimal demand for the brand
- Use ongoing analysis and other methodologies/tactics to mobilize “real time” adaptations to brand plans.
- Create the annual communications plan including recommended touchpoint plan, activation/implementation plan, stewardship and measurement
- Support a 3-year consumer centric brand plan to drive and/or sustain long-term brand health including brand equity, awareness and engagement
Requirements And Minimum Education
- 3 - 5 years Brand Marketing experience required
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and/or agency partners is required
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred
- Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, strategic thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer
- Experience developing strategic brand/product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Aptitude for identifying consumer insights and transforming them into significant product and marketing innovation
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action to drive strong business results
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
Location: Remote, but candidate must live in Colorado
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.