Sol Simple/Sol Organica, (ROC certified and leader in regenerative organic agriculture) is seeking a Sales & Marketing Director, who will drive awareness around ROC along with sales and profitability of the company. This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for growing the company’s revenue. The Director is expected to refine the business plan, develop a sales and marketing strategy, and execute and operationalize the plan. Your high energy, drive, creativity, leadership and outstanding communication skills will maximize revenue opportunities in the manufacturing, retail, wholesale, co-packing, and ecommerce channels. This role will span the U.S., Latin America, and European markets for the company’s frozen juice, puree, IQF, fresh fruit, dried fruit and retail snack products. The company specializes in transparently sourced fair trade and regenerative organic products with authentic source stories so our story and impact become our customers’ story and impact.
Your job tasks, responsibilities, and objectives:
- Build and manage Sol Simple, a successful brand with focus on U.S. market;
- Catalyze partnerships in the ROC space (large multinational companies either are already working with us or wanting to due to our pioneering work in certification and delivery of ROC certified products)
- Manage relationships with wholesale, retail, and distribution to end consumers, including independent distributors and direct sales, as well as bulk ingredient and food service customers;
- Grow B2B ingredient business by expanding into new markets and new product lines;
- Define and grow fresh produce business in Central America, Europe & US;
- Develop and launch new products;
- Effectively lead team and P&L
- Successfully grow a business, integrating and expanding business units;
- Define and execute brand and marketing strategy: market research, PR, traditional media, social media, events, content, SEO and website;
- Develop ecommerce sales strategies to meet revenue and growth targets
- Implement and utilize analytics to track sales trends and identify opportunities for growth
- Conceptualize digital marketing initiatives, analyze data and measure results
- Plan and monitor Amazon, Facebook and Google paid search marketing campaigns
- Assist and plan exhibition at annual global food trade shows;
- Manage customer service team, customer quality and customer complaint resolution, and CRM management system;
- Determine pricing and conduct competitive price research;
- Prepare Quarterly Board Memos; and
- Manage International Sales Manager, Sr. Sales Associate, and Customer Service Assistant.
To be successful in this challenging role you are required to have:
- Minimum Bachelor level (ideally International Trade and/or Agricultural education); Preferred MBA or Masters
- At least 8 years’ experience, preferably in a trade or retail role in the processed fruit and retail industry
- Experience in processed fruit & vegetable sales or dry products, affinity with food (fruit) ingredients and the organic industry are a plus
- Experience in an import/export environment
- Affinity with food ingredients and the organic industry
- Proven excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Effective contract negotiation skills
- Awareness of relevant prevailing quality and food safety regulations
- Ability to solve challenging problems
- Being able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction
- Comfortable with change and developing new processes and solutions
- Fluent in English language (in writing and verbally) is a must;
- Native or advanced Spanish.
- An “international” mindset, result driven, attention to detail and a team player
- IT affinity: advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience implementing or working with CRMs, Salesforce or Hubspot
- Experience with Amazon, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc
- Independent risk/ reward assessment
- Willingness to travel, also internationally (about 10% of your time)
- Willingness to live an adventure in Nicaragua and commute to San Marcos, Nicaragua
The conditions of employment we offer:
- An exciting and challenging role in a rapidly growing company;
- A full-time position
- A pleasant and dynamic work environment;
- A good remuneration package;
- A company culture of team spirit with a can-do attitude.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.