ShiKai is a 50-year old family-owned business in the Natural Products industry. We pride ourselves in creating botanical-based products in hair, skin, and body care. We are growing fast and are looking for individuals who are energetic, self-driven, and want to grow with the company long term. We offer a fun work environment with monthly company sponsored lunches, small and quiet work environment, free product perks, excellent benefits, and on the job training.
We are seeking a National Sales Manger to lead our team in Northern California.
The National Sales Manager reports to the V.P. of Sales and Marketing and has a strong sales history as a strategic thinker with a background of developing and fostering relationships in the natural products industry. This person has strong sales contacts and is a “boots on the ground” team player. They will be responsible for building, driving, and managing overall company sales to meet our stated goals.
The ideal candidate must be results-oriented with a communication style that motivates and effectively manages a team of brokers and our direct sales team to build lasting partnerships with buyers, distributors, and retailers. Must be able to make strategic recommendations to senior management that will enhance company growth and profitability.
- Develop, train, and motivate brokers to maximize sales growth in their territories and track progress. Manage key accounts, brokers, regional managers, and distributors.
- Create strong partnerships with brokers, distributors, retailers, buyers, and measure progress.
- Build strong category review strategies and buyer relationships to ensure placement on new product introductions.
- Create analytical sales reports by gathering sales data, generating reports, and summarizing market key findings (customers, channels, products, etc.)
- Participate in the preparation of the company annual budget and strategic planning sessions/discussions.
- Actively increase sales in each market by developing strong relationships with customers, listen to feedback, anticipate their needs, analyze the competition, and remain a sales team player to meet those needs. This will include personal visits to major clients, store checks, and creating individualized sales presentations tailored to meet their specific needs.
- Actively prospect for new customers and maintain an on-going target list.
- Develop and execute account plans which include customer pricing strategies, promotions, point of sale and in-store campaigns, SKU mix, and placement to optimize sales conversions in a manner consistent with the sales plan.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to develop successful marketing tools for existing retailers and new accounts, leveraging social media, consumer outreach, staff education, and other tactics with a goal of increased sales and customer satisfaction.
- Specifically lead national accounts by attending appropriate tradeshows, attending networking meetings as appropriate, and becoming involved with industry groups.
- Review inventory levels and pricing to drive promotions and support retail stores and brokers with forecasting needs.
- Meet all buyer and distributor deadlines to ensure timely release of new product introductions and buy in.
- Work Closely with the V.P. of Sales and Marketing to develop and execute strategic marketing plans.
- Participate in the weekly management meetings with detailed updates on sales progress and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum of (4) years’ experience working in Natural Products, Cosmetics, Skin Care, or consumer packaged goods equivalent
- Strong Analytical & management skills
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Power point
- Knowledge of social media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Google
- Must be able to work in the Northern California sales office at least 2X per week
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (depending on show seasons and store visitation ability with COVID restrictions)
- Adhere to all federal, and local Covid-19 regulations
- Available for all yearly trade shows and category reviews
- 100% Medical and Dental health coverage
- Sales Bonus Plan
- Simple IRA Match
- Travel Adventures
- Sales Expense Account
- 2- week vacations
- Flexible work schedule
- Laptop Computer
- Free product perks
- Small company atmosphere
- Fun team environment