SunButter, LLC is currently seeking a dynamic Specialty and Independent Channel Manager to join their growing sales team.
We are a leading CPG (consumer packaged goods) company that specializes in the manufacturing and distributing high-quality organic and plant-based food products. As we continue to expand our market presence, we are seeking a motivated and experienced Channel Manager to support Specialty and Independent Channel retailers. The Specialty and Independent Channel Manager will play a pivotal role setting channel sales strategies, driving sales growth, maintaining relationships, - with customers and brokers - and increasing market share within your assigned channel by expanding current distribution, and launching new branded and private label products from our innovation pipeline.
Sales Strategy and Execution
- Key Account Development – Independent | Specialty Grocery | Regional Grocery
- Develop and implement annual account / sales plan for top 20 accounts aligned with the company’s overall objectives.
- Identify sales opportunities, analyze market trends, and stay up to date on competitor activities to optimize sales strategies. Specifically focus on Market Penetration focusing on building ACV.
Conduct regular Category Management Visits and Calls to identify customer needs, promote products and drive sales growth.
- Travel may be up to 35% of the time.
Territory Management and Customer Relationships
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, retailers, distributors, and brokers within the territory/channel.
- Build upon existing relationships and foster new customer relationships within an assigned region.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key accounts to assess performance, identify opportunities for improvement and propose solutions.
- Manager relationships and agreements with brokers and distributors.
- Continuously expand the customer base and identify new business opportunities to increase market penetration.
Sales Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, demand planning by account, customer interactions, and market trends.
- Identify areas for improvement and propose actionable recommendations to optimize sales and profitability.
- Evaluate sales promotional/trade spending and effectively track ROI
- Prepare regular sales reports, forecasts, and analysis to evaluate channel/territory performance and present findings to management.
3-5 years of CPG sales experience, preferably in channel management (or equivalent role).
- Must have headquarter sales experience with independent and specialty retailers – including but not limited to Nugget, Oliver’s, Erewhon, Gelson’s, D’Agostino, Decicco & Sons.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related work experience.
- Knowledge of the CPG industry, including market trends, competitors, and customer dynamics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; utilized to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Results orientated mindset with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and problem-solving abilities.
- Must know and understand syndicated data to be able to tell your story.
- Must be able to complete financial and data analysis along with competitive pricing strategy, by channel specific, to tell the brand story.
- Excellent fact-based, financial selling skills and ability to forge business partnerships that help close the sale.
- Highly organized with excellent time managements skills to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to learn inner company ERP systems.
SunButter: (Division of Red River Commodities, Fargo North Dakota), SunButter the preeminent market leader in Sunflower Seed Butter sold at retail and foodservice. At SunButter we’re committed to making delicious tasting sunflower butter made with simple ingredients, free from the top 8 food allergens, and containing more vitamins & minerals than most nut butters!
Red River Commodities transforms sunflower seeds and other specialty crops into tasty, high quality food ingredients and food products. We supply leading food manufacturers for our various facilities through processing and roasting and packaging. Our retail-ready products include SunButter and wildlife food, innovative products created through consumer insights.
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401k & company match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
Red River Commodities and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefit package including Paid Time Off, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.