SunButter, LLC is currently seeking a dynamic National Account Manager to join their growing sales team and lead the Natural Channel sales supporting SunButter and Big Basin Foods
We are a leading CPG (consumer packaged goods) company that specializes in the manufacturing and distributing high-quality organic and plant-based food products. As we continue to expand our market presence, we are seeking a motivated and experienced National Account Manager to support Natural Channel retailers. The National Account Manager will play a pivotal role setting channel sales strategies, driving sales growth, maintaining relationships, - with customers and brokers - and increasing market share within the natural channel by expanding current distribution, and launching new branded and private label products from our innovation pipeline.
As a National Account Manager, you will be a team member for one sales team supporting wo dynamic and growing organizations, SunButter and Big Basin Foods.
Sales Strategy and Execution
- Key Account Development – Natural Channel supporting both SunButter and Big Basin Foods.
- Develop and implement annual account / sales plan for each major account in alignment with the company’s overall objectives.
- Identify sales opportunities, analyze market trends, and stay up to date on competitor activities to optimize sales strategies.
- Develop account specific strategies to drive sales growth, increase market share, and exceed revenue targets.
Conduct regular Category Management Visits and Calls to identify customer needs, promote products and drive sales growth.
- Travel may be up to 35% of the time.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure alignment of sales objective and execution plans.
Territory Management and Customer Relationships
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs. Relationships include key accounts, retailers, distributors, and brokers within the channel.
- Build upon existing relationships and foster new customer relationships within an assigned channel.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key accounts to assess performance, identify opportunities for improvement and propose solutions.
- Manage relationships and agreements with brokers and distributors.
- Continuously expand the customer base and identify new business opportunities to increase market penetration.
Sales Reporting and Analysis
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, demand planning by account, customer interactions, and market trends.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Identify areas for improvement and propose actionable recommendations to optimize sales and profitability.
- Evaluate sales promotional/trade spending and effectively track ROI
- Prepare regular sales reports, forecasts, and analysis to evaluate channel/territory performance and present findings to management.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Supply Chain, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the CPG industry; including deep experience and relationships with key account – including but not limited to: WFM, Sprouts, The Fresh Market, Fresh Thyme
- Private Label experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related work experience.
- Proven track record of success in national account management, delivering revenue growth, and building strong customer relationships.
- Strong knowledge of the CPG industry, including market trends, competitors, and customer dynamics.
- Strong understanding of the natural retail landscape, including knowledge of key players, market dynamics, and industry trends.
- Experience managing a broker network, keeping them engaged and your business top of mind.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; utilized to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Results orientated mindset with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets.
- Organized, detail – oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must know and understand syndicated data to be able to tell your story.
- Must be able to complete financial and data analysis along with competitive pricing strategy, by channel specific, to tell the brand story.
- Exceptional negotiation, sales, presentation, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent fact-based, financial selling skills and ability to forge business partnerships that help close the sale.
- Highly organized with excellent time managements skills to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to learn inner company ERP systems.
SunButter: (Division of Red River Commodities, Fargo North Dakota)),
SunButter, the preeminent market leader in Sunflower Seed Butter sold at retail and foodservice. At SunButter we’re committed to making delicious tasting sunflower butter made with simple ingredients, free from the top 8 food allergens, and containing more vitamins & minerals than most nut butters!
Red River Commodities transforms sunflower seeds and other specialty crops into tasty, high quality food ingredients and food products. We supply leading food manufacturers for our various facilities through processing and roasting and packaging. Our retail-ready products include SunButter and wildlife food, innovative products created through consumer insights.
Big Basin Foods: (Division of Tradin Organics US, Aptos CA) Big Basin Foods creates private label products for leading North America retailers. Our incomparable global access to premium organic ingredients coupled with our rigorous controls at our nationwide packaging facilities (SQF, BRC++, 3rd party audits) and fully integrated logistics program, provides you with a safe, delicious product and a competitive advantage.
Tradin Organic is a global front runner in organic food ingredients, offering a unique, wide range of organic and certified ingredients – from fruit, nuts, and oils to specialty products like cocoa, coffee, and superfoods. To ensure a steady, traceable, and transparent supply, Tradin Organic builds fully integrated supply chains, from farmer to processing, to export.
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401k & company match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
Red River Commodities and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefit package including Paid Time Off, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.