Quicksilver is a pioneer in the natural health industry. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of natural medicine, delivering products that help individuals achieve mind and body health through nature inspired innovation. Our growth is fueled by individuals who share our passion. Currently, we have an opening for a Staff Accountant in our Louisville, CO location.
The Staff Accountant performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on cost accounting and financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This position is also responsible for supporting the VP of Finance in conducting key activities such as Month-End and Quarter-End close, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and Audits.
Core Responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare routine month end journal entries for items such as payroll accrual and prepaid amortizations.
- Track and maintain fixed asset records including depreciation schedules.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly financial reports for internal management.
- Review and evaluate inventory for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist VP of Finance with external audit and tax return preparation.
- Keep up to date on accounting standard changes through webinars and other tutorials including IRS regulations.
- Back up for Accounting Clerk functions as needed.
- Work with Production on labor time variances/allocations.
- Review overhead and labor standards for accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years' accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years' ERP experience
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced proficiency in Excel
Ideal Candidates have the following traits:
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 year of cost accounting experience
- Experience with multi-state sales tax
- NetSuite experience
- Avalara software experience
- Good understanding of accrual accounting.
- Understanding of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Effectively work in NetSuite and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, able to work autonomously, with the ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Customer service oriented.
Quicksilver offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life insurance, including Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Fitness Center membership
- Generous employee discount program on all Quicksilver Scientific products
Compensation: $60,000 to $80,000 per year
Quicksilver Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job posting is in compliance with the Colorado "Equal Pay for Equal Work Act"
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.