Quicksilver is a pioneer in the natural health industry. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of natural medicine, delivering products that help individuals achieve mind and body health through nature inspired innovation. Our growth is fueled by individuals who share our passion. Currently, we have an opening for a Buyer in our Louisville, CO location.
The Buyer is responsible for the selection of vendors, sourcing of appropriate materials, and analysis of material needs. The responsibilities include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, setting and maintaining inventory quantities and liaising with the Quality department, inventory teams and management. The Buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
Core Responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research, select, and purchase materials (domestic and international) needed for manufacturing of products.
- Set up vendors in ERP system and assist the Quality department in the vendor qualification process.
- Build relationships with domestic and international suppliers and negotiate for the best pricing.
- Review and understand supply agreements and communicate details to management.
- Analyze sales, stock, and market trends and apply this knowledge to make buying decisions.
- Process purchase requisitions, issue purchase orders, and update management on status of orders.
- Source materials needed for the development of new products by R&D.
- Create and present spending reports to management.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate with receiving team and management on inbound delivery and receipt of materials to the warehouse.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 3-5 years of Purchasing experience
- ERP experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with intermediate proficiency in Excel
Ideal Candidates have the following traits:
- Nutraceutical or Dietary Supplement industry experience
- Global supply chain experience
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Analytically minded with excellent critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving work and market environment
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
Occasional domestic and/or international travel may be requested for business purposes.
Quicksilver offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Employer paid Medical, Dental and Life insurance, including Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Parental Leave
- Fitness Center membership
- Generous employee discount program on all QS products
Compensation: $45,000 to $65,000 per year
Quicksilver Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job posting is in compliance with the Colorado "Equal Pay for Equal Work Act."