A day in the life:
- Sales Calls and Account Development – as a Sales Representative, you will take ownership of your territory and call cycle and be selling into your identified accounts as well as generating new accounts. You will be responsible for selling in new items, best sellers and voids, developing strong relationships with buyers and key store personnel, creating programs to sell product, order writing, educating store personnel, coordinating demos and other opportunities to grow your book of business at your accounts.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally).
- Retail Detail – Sales Representatives, as a part of the selling component, will also be responsible for checking shelf tags, rotating stock, applying POS and coupons where allowed, policing pricing, performing audits, promo execution, tweaking shelf sets and displays, and occasionally building displays and/or performing resets.
- Analytics – knowing your business and finding opportunities is key to driving sales. Understanding and utilizing data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is an important aspect to reach our sales goals and meet manufacturer expectations within your accounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Self-starter with strong sales skills or experience
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Interest in natural/organic food and products
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Travel is necessary
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.