Distributor Account Executive
South Barrington, IL Office
Palko, Frontier, Lotus Light, Super Natural
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry working in communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
Our Distributor Account Executive (DAE) is the link between our manufacturers, distributors, and Presence Marketing/Dynamic Presence. They are self-starters who have the desire to really “own” their account(s) and partner with key decision makers to sell our manufacturer’s brands, develop creative programs and manage/grow the business. This full-time dynamic position requires the ability to focus on ongoing goals, objectives and management of the details associated with day to day distributor sales and business development for our distributors.
A day in the life:
- Account Development – As a DAE, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business by developing, executing and evaluating business plans for our brands at the headquarter level. This includes presenting and selling in new items, developing impactful promotional strategies, and creating and executing on manufacturer and distributor goals at both the distributor headquarter level but also communicating these plans to retail and our National Brand Management team. Developing and maintaining relationships with key personnel at your account is essential.
- Coordinating Plans – Creating and implementing promotional plans, new item launches, discontinued items, etc. is a key duty for our DAEs. This involves the careful orchestration of building, negotiating and documenting plans and then ensuring that the administrative team has what they need to execute the promotional contract on time and error free. It is the DAE’s responsibility to lead this process, maintaining organized notes and clear inter department communications.
- Analytics – Knowing your business and finding opportunities is key to driving sales. Understanding and utilizing data such as distributor specific data, SPINS, Nielsen, and Power BI is an important aspect to reach our sales goals and meet manufacturer expectations.
- Attention to Detail – The ability to complete all forms and submissions with accuracy is critical. Be able to find discrepancies in item/promotion data, research those issues, and follow through to resolution.
- Communication is key – You are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). Capture and communicate both internally and externally on successes, challenges and day to day opportunities.
- Tradeshows and Events – DAE’s attend national meetings, trade shows/conventions, social events with manufacturers and industry partners and these may occur outside of normal business hours. These may include travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes.
What we are looking for:
- 2-5 years sales experience preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented, self-starter with strong administrative, customer service, and follow-up skills
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and follow through with deadlines
- Dependable, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude