Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend, and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
As an Executive Assistant, you will perform a variety of administrative tasks to support our company’s Vice President of Brand Services, Vice President of Natural Sales, and Vice President of Conventional Sales.
A day in the life:
- Administrative Support – As an Executive Assistant, you are responsible for assisting with routine and daily tasks as defined by the VP of Brand Services, VP of Natural Sales, and VP of Conventional Sales. This includes preparing agendas, making arrangements, booking travel, preparing and editing correspondence, PowerPoint and other presentations, other documents, and coordinating project-based work.
- Sales & Brand Support – Building and maintaining sales and brand protocols, supporting all sales and brand tools and development of new protocol and new tools is a vital part of this role. As a secondary contact to the sales and brand management teams, your role is to build relationships and bring synergy between brand and sales and assist with solutions/tools to support.
- Calendar and Expenses – As an Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing monthly expense reports, maintaining executive’s appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, and preparing travel folders.
- Client/Guest/Team Meetings - Arrange travel accommodations as necessary (Flights, Hotels, and Cars) including handling cancellations (refunds/credits or changes) when necessary. You will work with meeting host(s) to handle room set-up; take/place meal orders, pick up orders, distribute, set up, and clean up; handle other requests as necessary. There is also dedicated work around the large trade shows regarding maintaining schedules and assisting where needed.
- Attention to Detail – The ability to complete all projects with accuracy is critical. You must be able to find discrepancies in our systems, research those issues, and follow through to resolution. Working closely with the other departments in the organization to ensure synergy and visibility of new tools/protocols.
- Communication is key – You are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive, and timely communication (both internally and externally). This position is highly driven by deadlines, so being able to meet all deadlines and communicating along the way is essential. Executive Assistants are responsible for managing and prioritizing all incoming action requests. Quick turnaround times can often be expected.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape
- Previous administrative support experiences a must
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines