Regional Sales Manager
Southern/Northern CA, Hawaii
PRESENCE is a national, independently owned, natural products broker and service provider that was born from a desire to work in a progressive, vibrant and environmentally conscious industry while building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate about taking better care of the planet and ourselves, we have high energy, strong standards, strategic vision and are committed to making natural and organic products the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
The Regional Sales Manager’s function is to manage the day to day operations of the regional sales team while also maintaining a focus on the strategic goals of our manufacturer partners and our company. This position facilitates communication between our National Brand Management team, their regional sales team and our manufacturers. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves, be strong willed, detailed driven, highly motivated and dedicated to growing natural focused food brands and developing their team.
A day in the life:
- Leadership – as the Regional Sales Manager, you are responsible for the direct management of the Presence West sales team. You are responsible for leading by example, managing, developing, and coaching the team. You are the supervisor of the team which includes monitoring team activities, sales, and other key performance indicators. You are responsible for developing and growing the sales team to maximize their potential capabilities to produce strong sales results resulting in achieving client goals and objectives. In addition, you are responsible for the review and oversight of all territories/store lists within your division to ensure accuracy and complete information. You will be required to perform quarterly field days with the team and also responsible for creating and executing team performance reviews.
- Strategic Sales Execution – you must be a high-performing individual with the ability to influence change and provide the team the tools they need. Capable in both the strategic aspects as well as the hands-on execution; consolidating and disseminating all manufacturer information including but not limited to promotions, new items, hip pocket deals, case stacks, holiday items, truckloads, overstocks, displays, demo, audits, market tours and spiff programs.
- Market Awareness - continually maintain awareness and expertise of industry trends, competitors, competitive product lines, current retail environment and available promotional and marketing programs.
- Analytics – knowing your business and opportunities is an essential piece of driving sales and leading the teams strategically. Understanding, analyzing and presenting data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is important to manage the team and monitor/grow sales.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). This dynamic position requires working in partnership with all departments, executive leadership as well as our vendor partners at all levels.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience and demonstrated success for managing and leading strong teams, preferably a sales team
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Excellent skills in the following areas: presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Dependable, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills- including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, One Note, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint & Forms.
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate SPINS and Nielsen Data
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to travel (approximately20-40%)
Salary: Full time position, salary commensurate with level of experience, location and current market landscape
Benefits: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/careers/ to learn more about our benefits
About Us: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/our-culture/ to learn more about us