National Brand Manager
Works Remotely - Chicago Preferred
Nutrition and Body Care Division
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry working in communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
The National Brand Manager is the point of contact and liaison between our manufacturer partners and our sales teams. This is a dynamic position requiring the ability to focus on ongoing goals, objectives and management of the details associated with day to day retail sales overall and business development across all channels of business acting as both a strategic partner and a project manager.
A day in the life:
- Brand Development and Activity– As the National Brand Manager, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business by developing, executing and evaluating business plans for our manufacturer partners. You are responsible for creating and leading overall processes, day to day operations and coordinating strategic development and tactical execution. Overseeing new item launches, item changes of all kinds, promotions, innovation, displays, seasonal in and outs, recalls, and any other key drivers of business with our brands and the Presence Marketing sales teams.
- Strategic Expertise – you must be a high-performing individual with the ability to influence change. Capable in both the strategic aspects as well as the hands-on execution on building and growing brands. Create forward thinking relationships and business plans to maximize national sales while overseeing budgets and strategy with business owners and C-level executives.
- Analytics – knowing your business and opportunities is an essential piece of driving sales and leading the teams strategically. Understanding, analyzing and presenting data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is important to manage, monitor and utilize.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). This dynamic position requires working in partnership with all departments, executive leadership as well as our vendor partners at all levels.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills- including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, One Note, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint & Forms.
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Strong selling and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate SPINS and Nielsen Data
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to travel (approximately 10-20%)