Works Remotely – North Carolina, South Carolina Full States
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence Marketing is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry working in communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
Sales Representatives are the face of our organization between our Independent and Chain customers and our manufacturer partners. This full-time position is responsible for a territory and making in-person sales at their accounts; out in the field selling 4 days a week and 1 home office day. Sales Representatives are highly motivated, passionate and dependable individuals who are able to sell and execute initiatives successfully with a wide variety of people.
A day in the life:
- Sales Calls and Account Development – as a Sales Representative, you will take ownership of your territory and call cycle and be selling into your identified accounts as well as generating new accounts. You will be responsible for selling in new items, best sellers and voids, developing strong relationships with buyers and key store personnel, creating programs to sell product, order writing, educating store personnel, coordinating demos and other opportunities to grow your book of business at your accounts.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally).
- Retail Detail – Sales Representatives, as a part of the selling component, will also be responsible for checking shelf tags, rotating stock, applying POS and coupons where allowed, policing pricing, performing audits, promo execution, tweaking shelf sets and displays, and occasionally building displays and/or performing resets.
- Analytics – knowing your business and finding opportunities is key to driving sales. Understanding and utilizing data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is an important aspect to reach our sales goals and meet manufacturer expectations within your accounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel may be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- Self-starter with strong sales skills or experience
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Interest in natural/organic food and products
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Travel is necessary