Position Summary: As the AGM you will work collaboratively with the GM and Assistant Kitchen Market Manager by overseeing and supporting day to day retail operations of the Indigenous Food Lab (IFL) Market. You will also help with the development and operations of our Online Market.
The IFL Market is an extension of our mission to promote Indigenous foodways education and facilitate Indigenous food access. To realize this mission the IFL Market leadership team will seek to create wealth generation opportunities for Indigenous Vendors/ Producers, aim to educate the general public about Indigenous Foodways, and advocate for Indigenous Food Sovereignty.
- Assist with bank drops, and payment/cash discrepancies
Ensure team adherence to tea bar, cafe, food storage, handling, and workplace safety
guidelines and procedures
- Maintain overall market appearance & merchandising standards
- Address and communicate any outstanding quality control, maintenance, procedural, inventory, operational, and/ or safety concerns to Market Management
- Oversee Online Market operations
- Retail staffing and scheduling
- assist in hiring, promotions, and training of market retail team
- Inventory & vendor management
- Have a knowledge base of Indigenous Food Sovereignty & Culture and be able to knowledge share with market guests
- Regularly work shifts on the retail floor (2-3 scheduled shifts per week) and step in to assist when business requires it
- Time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Engagement with NATIFS’ mission:
- Lead by example
- Practice Indigenous values identified as NATIFS workplace cultural expectations.
- Represent NATIFS and reflect values in community.
- Willingly step up as requested.
- Generate new ideas.
- Work on strategies, activities and funding.
- Engage with the board as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in events and meetings.
- Communicate internally in a timely manner.
- Employer pays 100% of health insurance premium, with additional employer contribution to Health Savings Account
- Employee contribution to 403(b) at 1% or more of salary is matched with 3% of salary employer contribution
- Four weeks of paid time off + 11 paid holidays per year
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on NATIFS’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the employees core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at business locations. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the employee works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a NATIFS location and may travel to NATIFS location up to 6 times a year.
NATIFS will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please reach out to HR@natifs.org for additional information. Additional ADA notice of requirements:
- Periods of sitting and standing
- May endure prolonged periods of computer use
- Written and verbal communication ability
- Scan, handle and move material efficiently and safely, including lifting or moving up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., occasional nights, weekends, and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
- Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed
*English speaking, conversational Spanish preferred, with knowledge of Indigenous language
To Apply or Inquire for Further Information
please send the following materials to HR@natifs.org, with the subject line as follows: AGM_(last name)_(first name):
- One-page cover letter
- Resume or CV
- In your cover letter, please mention any experience living in or working in Native communities, and any other experience you believe makes you a successful candidate for this position.