At Nordic Naturals, we take pride in crafting foundational nutrients to help people all over the world live healthy lives. Our mission is to give people, pets, and families the highest-quality nutrients possible to be well and support optimal health. This seemingly simple mission of global health relies on a dedicated team of motivated employees who share our passion for nutrition and wellness. Join us and discover how rewarding it can be to make a living while contributing to a truly great cause.
A career with Nordic Naturals is more than just a job. Every day, our employees bring out the best in each other by drawing on individual strengths to achieve company-wide goals. Every person at Nordic Naturals plays a role in our company’s success, and this creates an inspiring atmosphere of trust and collaboration, with ample opportunity for professional growth. We care deeply about what we do, and how we do it.
It’s easy to love what you do when your job is to help others be healthy.
The Field Sales Consultant is responsible for meeting sales objectives through strategic management and development of practitioner accounts in the assigned geographical territory. While there is some existing business, there is a heavy expectation for new business development. It is expected that approximately 75% of the Field Sales Consultant’s time is spent in the field and 25% in the home office for management of details and/or sales needs. Significant overnight travel is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of successful physician office sales and experience speaking in front of small groups to educate practitioners and staff on the benefits of the Nordic Naturals Professional Line.
This position’s territory is based in the Pacific Northwest and covers OR, WA, WY, MT & AK. The ideal candidate is located in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR.
In this role you will:
- Have strong consultative selling skills
- Must be a team player
- Experience selling to physicians, ideally in the practitioner office setting
- Schedule expected number of appointments with prospects to review a 5 minute presentation on our key points of differentiation
- Engage in productive time-management practices to fulfill essential job functions daily & weekly: prospecting, following-up with prospects and maintaining and growing existing relationships
- Probe to understand how best to serve clients needs while growing business
- Utilize various sales reports and tools to better manage efforts
- Be committed to broadening understanding Omega-3 fats, their clinical applications and mechanisms of action
Must be proficient with MS Office and have advanced Excel skills.
Certifications & Licenses:
Licensed HCP preferred; not required. (e.g., Registered Dietitian or Nutritionist)
- BA/BS or related degree, minimum 2 years demonstrated successful experience in a selling environment where cold calling was a requirement or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years outside B to B sales required. Pharmaceutical, nutraceutical or diagnostic device experience preferred; not required.
- 2-5 years territory management experience required. Multi-state territory management experience preferred; not required.
- Healthcare, dietary or nutrition background preferred; not required.
Nordic Naturals is an equal opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screening and background check are conditions of employment.
At Nordic Naturals, we’re committed to delivering the world’s safest, most effective nutrients essential to health. Our award-winning omega-3 fish oil and other foundational nutrients are research supported, expertly formulated, rigorously tested, proven effective and, best of all, great tasting. With products for the whole family, we deliver the nutrients essential for healthy living.
Nordic Naturals has been revolutionizing omega-3s since 1995, pioneering a new definition of fish oil as it relates to purity, freshness, taste, and dosage. Headquartered in Watsonville, CA, the company has expanded beyond solely omega-3s and offers complementary, foundational nutrients essential to health. Our portfolio, which is distributed to over 35 countries, includes more than 200 products in a variety of flavors and formulations for adults, kids, athletes, and pets. Family owned, Nordic Naturals works passionately to see generations of healthier, happier people around the world.
Nordic Naturals offers a great work environment, support for a healthy lifestyle, and an opportunity to be part of a company that’s making a positive difference. We are committed to the shared goal of promoting health and wellness by delivering the world’s safest, most effective omega oils. We see a growing worldwide market and need a great team of people to enable our company to continue to fulfill its mission.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.