At Natrol LLC, we welcome and embrace creative and motivated talent to join a culture of innovation and inclusion where we value our employees and provide them the tools and environment to harness and cultivate change. In support of our company’s principles, values, vision and mission, it is the mission of human resources to support the total operation in meeting its goals through its most valuable resource—its PEOPLE. Join our team! We have an opening for a Category Management Manager at our Chatsworth, CA office.
As the Category Management Manager, you are a key member of the Sales Team, leading the development of critical sales/business development analytics projects. Serving as the Subject Matter Expert in Point of Sale (POS) data analysis. You will be developing and sharing learnings and insights to drive business growth.
Your work cross-functionally with Field Sales, Customer Marketing, Sales Operations, Brand Marketing, Finance and Research & Development to identify and communicate sales opportunities and industry insights. This position reports into the Director of Sales Planning, Operations and Category Management.
- Delivering results
- Subject Matter Expert in POS data and quantitative analysis
- Recognizing and addressing opportunities and challenges
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to rapidly changing market conditions
- Cross-functional collaboration with full range of internal teams
- Written and oral communication skills
- Proactively track and analyze account and consumer sales data using syndicated data such as Nielsen, SPINS, Stackline, IRI as well as retailer POS and internal shipment data.
- Using this data, develop insights into industry, product and customer-level activities and actively communicate with Field Sales to develop actionable strategies and tactics to grow sales and profitability.
- Work with Customer Marketing and Field Sales to create account-specific, data-driven selling stories for presentation at account meetings that communicate quantitative reasons to distribute and support incremental products.
- Develop and distribute monthly reporting on key insights and trends regarding the VMS industry, specific benefit subsegments, ingredients, products, account-specific insights, competitive activity, etc.
- Work with Customer Marketing to proactively perform customer-specific trade promotion ROI analysis in order to optimize customer promotional plans and develop learnings and recommendations.
- Conduct ad-hoc special analysis projects into specific item or market activity as needed.
Communication and Interface
Communication and interface required with Field Sales, Customer Marketing, Sales Operations, Brand Marketing, Finance and Research & Development as noted in the above Job Summary. This position requires dynamic, interactive leadership and collaboration across the organization.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Category Management experience in CPG/health and wellness or other fast-moving consumer-oriented business required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven track record of developing business analytics that provide strategic recommendations that drive business results.
- Strong project management skills that deliver timely, actionable reporting for Field Sales
- Deep knowledge and experience with Nielsen, SPINS, Stackline, IRI, or other syndicated research tools
- Advanced Excel knowledge regarding formulas, pivot tables, vlookup etc.
- Knowledgeable and able to manipulate and extract information from internal software programs (i.e. SAP).
- A self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously.
- Able to think broadly to develop strategic channel-wide and account specific opportunities.
- Proficient in forecasting, including existing products and new product launches.
- Must be able to work effectively with internal cross functional teams.
- Must be able to comfortably deal with changing environments.
- Must be comfortable working in a lean organization with limited resources.
- Must possess customer/consumer-centric mindset.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously; high energy level is essential.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have a strong results orientation.
- Must possess strong executional skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be flexible, have a strong sense of urgency and be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
The Company will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with disabilities.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.