REMOTE WORK • CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES
Project Management • Financial Modeling • Store Opening Coordination
Grocery Management professionals, do you enjoy business travel and working independently while still being part of a development team? Are you committed to helping independent cooperative food retailers nationwide grow and expand their business through your expertise in store expansion and new store planning?
We are looking to hire a Store Development Director to assist our member food co-ops across the country better meet the needs of their community through expansion and new store development. We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for project management, grocery retail and coaching our member co-ops throughout an expansion.
This is an ideal position for grocery experts interested in having a direct impact on the success of food co-ops and their communities. This position may be based out of NCG’s St. Paul, MN office but is eligible for a home office anywhere in the continental U.S. Up to 50% travel required including overnights and weekends. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Provide oversight on overall project development—store planning, project financing, building layout, interior décor/signage, and public entitlements.
- Coordinate services of an internal team of specialists in retail merchandising, design, marketing, finance, IT, and organizational development.
- Coordinate NCG services with local project design and construction teams.
- Coordinate of pre-opening support from NCG & external partners.
- Develop a plan for the project’s capital structure and support the client in the pursuit of necessary financing for the project, including New Market Tax Credits, grants, member capital campaigns, and other sources of alternative debt and non-debt capital.
- Analyze and update the pro forma financial statements; providing clients with assessment of financial feasibility and risks of the project.
- Assist clients in equipment procurement and ensuring store equipment delivery is aligned with store set-up schedule.
- Develop and manage the store set-up timeline and ensure co-op is ready on opening day.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, management, or business administration, and/or a minimum of 5 years management experience.
- At least 5 years of Retail Grocery Management experience.
- At least 3 years of Project management experience.
- At least 3 years of store development and store opening experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience, and the ability to direct a professional, high-functioning team.
- Experience with consumer cooperatives a plus.
- Experience in developing strategic plans, budgets, and managing resources within budgetary limitations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Apply By: May 25, 2022
Benefits, benefits, benefits! Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much, much more. The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000-$150,000.
We are a learning organization on a continuous journey to build a positive and inclusive culture that values a diversity of ideas, perspectives and identities. We foster an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, where we are inspired by our work and proud of our contributions.
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.