Looking for a career with a dynamic mission-driven company and high-performing work colleagues? National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned purchasing and business services cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 39 states. We are a group of passionate, intelligent, and disciplined people working to improve the food supply and grow the cooperative economy.
We are seeking an energetic financial analyst or business analyst with experience in Excel-based modeling of financial budgets and pro formas. This position will support NCG staff and members in assessing the financial performance and future capabilities of retail grocery co-ops.
This is an ideal position for an experienced financial analyst or business analyst who is interested in having a direct impact on the success of retail food co-ops. NCG is well suited for talented individuals seeking to make a difference in our world through their work. This position will be based in NCG’s St. Paul, MN offices and requires up to 10% business travel (when business travel resumes more broadly).
Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
St. Paul is part of the major metropolitan area which along with Minneapolis is known as the Twin Cities. The area is known for is excellent parks, bike trails and other outdoor activities; vibrant arts, culture and dining scene; and cultural diversity.
- Provide thought leadership on financial analysis and modeling tools for NCG and its members.
- Prepare financial forecasts and pro forma financial statements for co-op expansion and acquisition projects.
- Support NCG members in preparation of operating budgets using NCG Operating Budget tool.
- Develop enhanced budgeting and/or other finance tools for NCG’s member co-ops.
- Monitor members’ financial position to assess credit risk for guaranteed payables.
- Support the implementation of solutions to finance department operational challenges for NCG and its members.
- Support member adoption of NCG finance preferred practices and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience creating complex Excel-based financial budgets, multi-year forecasts and other models and analysis.
- Experience in retail finance or retail finance department preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and tax rules.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with natural foods and consumer cooperatives a plus.
- Enjoys working closely with clients.
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
- Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
- 2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
- Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 148 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 39 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.welcometothetable.coop.
Apply By: November 22, 2020
We are a learning organization on a continuous journey to build a positive and inclusive culture that values a diversity of ideas, perspectives and identities. We foster an environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect, where we are inspired by our work and proud of our contributions.
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.