Who we are: We are a wholistic health and natural healing clinic in Ashland, Oregon providing patient care for general wellness, cancer, chronic conditions, and stress/age-related diseases.
What we do: Our healthcare practitioners practice personalized, integrative botanical and nutritional medicine to support the health, lifespan, and quality of life of our patients. Custom protocols prescribed for patients consist of herbal and nutritional products of the highest quality, purity, potency, and clinical effectiveness.
What we need: A committed, talented, and experienced individual – who shares our beliefs and values – to ensure that we maintain our reputation for the very highest standards in our field. We are not just investing in a Practice Manager, we are investing in our collective futures.
The Practice Manager oversees the day-to-day practice operations of the Mederi Clinic, makes key business decisions, implements standard policies and procedures, and provides administrative support to the staff and executive management. The Practice Manager works to ensure the overall health, stability, and smooth running of the medical practice and works to meet the needs of its clients. This position helps facilitate collaboration between practitioners and staff and plays a supportive role to ensure positive relations, high productivity and efficiency as well as optimal patient retention and satisfaction. This position also includes direct supervision, management, and oversight of the clinic’s apothecary and order fulfillment department.
The Practice Manager is a key partner in helping prepare and implement operational business strategies and plans for the clinic program including setting appropriate goals and objectives. As the go-to for employees, the Practice Manager cultivates the values of trust and respect within the organization and serves as a role model in setting superior standards for quality, compassion, professionalism, and competency to ensure a positive and rewarding work environment.
Practice Management Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and supports the daily operations of the patient services program at the Mederi Center clinic, including staff and practitioner oversight, to ensure smooth relations, high productivity, and optimal patient retention and satisfaction
- Participates in creating strategies to help market the practice to patients, local businesses, and other referring practices as well as ensuring the practice growth (i.e.; new patient recruitment) and overall health and sustainability of the practice
- Collaborates with marketing department in communications, event planning, promotions and practice marketing
- Helps prepare, review, and evaluate workplace handbooks, procedures manuals, SOPs, protocols, forms, and standards for Patient Services, Order Fulfillment and the Apothecary
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning HIPAA and Health Department
- Maintains working, up-to-date knowledge of cGMP’s and industry guidelines including AHPA’s Good Compounding Practices
- Responsible for managing inventory assets, medical billing AR and operating the clinic within budgetary guidelines
- Helps support overall operational standards and efficient systems representative of a healthcare clinic
- Supports effective communication and working relationships with practitioners
- Responds to patient questions and performs dispute resolution when appropriate
- Provides month end reports, quarterly manager report, and information on an as needed basis to executive management
- Responds to practitioner and staff concerns and provides problem resolution as appropriate
- Identifies, recommends, and implements practice needs: staffing, services, equipment and facilities
- Communicates with outside service providers to ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure; including hardware and software
- Responsible for costing and inventory management systems of Apothecary and Order Fulfillment Departments
- Orders clinic supplies as needed
- Manages office petty cash and ensures daily work is accurate and balanced
Human Resources & Administrative Duties:
- Manage team of 8-10, including support staff and practitioners
- Performs general human resource duties and may collaborate with executive staff in the recruitment, interviewing, selection and orientation of new employees; provides recommendations and oversight of staff professional development and training
- Onboards new team members ensuring cultural integrity and training applicable to their position
- Conducts annual performance evaluations and partners with executive team in resolution of concerns, disciplinary counseling, and terminations as necessary, and overall positive employee morale
- Handles organization’s employee communications including scheduling staff meetings, setting and distributing agendas; maintains central office calendar, manages staff schedule and PTO; ensures clinic policies and procedures manual is adhered to, ensures adherence to employee handbook
- Supervises and directs the work of all employees
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Mederi
- Strong interpersonal skills and healthy level of self-confidence; deals courteously, respectfully, and effectively with others
- Models exceptional leadership skills such as trustworthiness, empathy, personal accountability, resilience, adaptability and creative problem solving skills
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence necessary to manage a diverse team and work in a healthcare environment
- Deals gracefully and effectively with confidential matters and shifting priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, people skills
- Team player with a good sense of camaraderie and support
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits good judgment and a willingness to adopt new ideas
- Effective collaborator with a strong commitment to building and being a part of a team
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, highly organized
- Proven success prioritizing multiple assignments, managing tasks and meeting deadlines with an eye to detail, while still keeping the ‘big picture’ in mind
- Passionate about holistic health and wellness, service minded
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel), EHR software and other business tools and applications relative to ensuring smooth daily operations
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Strong office management experience: ideally has worked for 3+ years in a socially responsible organization
- Healthcare office management experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and oversight in the following areas: staff supervision and personnel management
- Proven track record of leadership skills with the ability to create an inspiring team environment
- Experience with inventory management and costing
- Fullscript and ChARM EHR software preferred but not required
Benefits: Health insurance, generous holiday pay, PTO (paid time off) and monthly product allowance
When applying please send your resume along with a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this position. (You can upload your cover with your resume by saving them as one file OR enter your cover letter in the application.)
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.