The Territory Sales Managers at MRO achieve optimum sales results in assigned retail channels by managing accounts and directing all activities with the broker or retail account. This individuals are also responsible for developing the annual/monthly forecasts based on the company’s overall sales targets, ensure MRO is represented in all applicable account reviews, and champion the selling in of new targeted accounts as agreed with the VP of Sales. These are full-time (40 hr/wk) paid, salary-exempt, remote positions.
The Territory Sales Managers include:
Midwest Territory Sales Manager
West Territory Sales Manager
Northeast Territory Sales Manager
- Plans and strategies for developing business for assigned accounts and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Plans and executes customer marketing strategies outlined by MaryRuth’s.
- Partners with Leadership to develop account target lists and strategies of securing new business targets.
- Makes store level sales calls to secure distribution of local and regional accounts.
- Manages annual trade promotional spending in accordance with company objectives.
- Develops retailer business plans to drive profitable volume.
- Closes distribution voids and conducts formal business reviews quarterly/annually.
- Assists in developing and managing the assigned account goals for volume, distribution, merchandising, strategies, spending and profitability.
- Establishes specific sales and merchandising objectives.
- Develops sell-in of applicable innovation for assigned accounts.
- Provide Monthly/Quarterly/Annual forecast for assigned accounts.
- Provides timely notice of market key events; launches key new items while providing comprehensive competitive activity to headquarter personnel.
- Ensures MRO is represented in all review cycles of assigned accounts as well as position MRO for submissions of assigned target accounts
- Establishes and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally.
- Develops sales promotional plans and properly utilizes marketing funds based on established spending levels.
- Conducts retail sales meetings with brokers to ensure proper training and motivation on merchandising programs of key company items and objectives. Utilizes all tools available from our broker partners to drive sales.
- Attends trade shows and demo events as needed.
- Travels for live face to face meetings at retailers’ corporate offices along with on-line meetings.
- Travels across assigned territory to call on and secure Independent and Regional Chains.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in CPG sales, with experience working with distributors, brokers, and brick and mortar retailers in the natural channel required.
- Must have experience calling on the Natural Retail Channel brokers and distributors
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Proficient in the use of syndicated data such as Nielsen, IRI, SPINs and customer portals is a plus
- Must live within a major market of assigned geography, i.e, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Phoenix, Seattle.
- Must be willing and able to travel to stores and retailer headquarters (which includes overnight stays) up to 70% of the time.
- Proven track record of working and succeeding in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage and organize multiple accounts and responsibilities.
- Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- This role involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Sick time.
- Paid company holidays.
- Flexible vacation.
- Medical, vision, and dental (USA).
- Flexible Spending Account - FSA (USA).
- Company matched (4%) 401k (USA).
- Complimentary products from the MaryRuth’s website catalog (upon 30 days of employment).
- Complimentary products as new products are released.
- Employee and immediate-family discounts on all products (upon 60 & 90 days of employment).
MaryRuth's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, hair texture and hairstyles, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.