M2 Ingredients is hiring a Quality and Food Safety Manager. This position reports to Director of Quality & Food Safety and has accountability of implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System based on FSMA, HACCP and BRCGS standards.
The Quality and Food Safety Manager will perform duties in accordance with industry specific regulations, Global Food Safety Initiative Standards, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points Certification, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Standards, performance expectations as well as Workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
The Quality and Food Safety Manager plays a key role as a HACCP Team member in supporting changes and improvements in performance, food safety and quality. Partnering with production team, the Quality and Food Safety Manager will support overall food safety and quality ensuring Safe & Quality Products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a group of 3+ Quality Control technicians that performed quality tasks in the different facilities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining policies, SOPs and documents while implementing the eQMS.
- Lead role on managing the performance of Internal QMS Audits.
- Authorized person to manage and open corrective actions of food safety and/or quality problems reported by employees.
- Responsible for overseeing the entire GMP Internal self-inspections program on the 4 facilities.
- Responsible for managing and approving any deviations including unplanned events, planned deviations, and Non-Conforming Materials reports, and its respective CAPA decisions, if any.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of Recall and Traceability Program including accurate, timely mock recall exercises.
- Assists in the development and execution of validations protocols and reports as needed.
- Participates on training for operations, sanitation, and maintenance staff in basic food hygiene, cGMPs, HACCP, HARPC, BRCGS, allergen control, and other food safety and quality requirements.
- Minimum: High school diploma. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university with focus in Manufacturing, Food safety, Quality or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- 5-7 years of experience working in QA area in a FDA regulated environment: experience in Dietary Supplement industry (21 CFR 111) and in Food Industry (21 CFR 117) is a plus.