Provides leadership to Life Extension’s Scientific Affairs by contributing to scientific/technical evaluation & assessment of new and existing products, publications and promotional materials in support of new products, clinical studies and novel concepts. This role helps establish and achieve the strategic goals of the organization in collaboration with other key functional lines in order to ensure our products are supported by the most up to date and accurate science and to maintain LE’s competitive market position.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scientific review and assessment of all key document responses
- Lead internal and external scientific affairs team to efficiently and effectively accomplish objectives on time and on budget
- Oversee the writing and updating of the LE protocol book
- Articulate the company’s science premise and strategy in a compelling and inspirational manner
- Ensure up to date methodology, while maintaining high standards of scientific rigor
- Maintain awareness of emerging changes in the regulatory landscape and provide input to the appropriate teams
- Responsible for the label caution review process
- Regular onsite attendance is an essential function of this position
- Some travel required
- Additional duties as assigned
- ND, MD and/or PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively manage direct and indirect reports including those with advanced degrees
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and communication skills both written & verbal at both a scientific and non-technical level
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a complex, entrepreneurial environment with a sense of urgency and customer focus
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, diverse projects
- Proven ability to write and critique original scientific documents
- Must have an aptitude for applying scientific expertise in a fast pace business culture
- Must possess scientific imagination and talent for technical problem solving
- Ability to translate and communicate complicated scientific concepts to a non-scientific audience
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.