Himalaya Herbal Healthcare is seeking a highly driven Ecommerce Marketing Manager to lead our brands on the Amazon platform. Our brands have experienced substantial growth on the platform and will look to you to identify opportunities to accelerate that growth.
In this role, you will bring your Amazon specific experience to chart a course for the organization’s approach to marketing on the platform. The proper candidate will have the confidence to work independently in high exposure situations with limited oversight. To be successful you must demonstrate a desire to be a critical player on a must win team.
The Ecommerce Marketing Manager – Amazon will have ownership of Himalaya’s growth strategy for personal care and supplement products on the Amazon platform and provide thought leadership across the marketing function for the e-tail team.
In this role, you will join a talent rich organization with high expectations for strategic thinking and on-point execution. You will establish the Ecommerce Marketing Manager – Amazon function under the leadership of the Senior Brand Manager in a fast growth, highly dynamic season and be a catalyst for the future direction of the business.
The successful candidate will possess a proven background of success working with consumer products within the Amazon platform. Proper candidates will have the analytical skills to be hands on in the analysis of business performance and creating actional insights. You must have the demonstrated ability to use analytics to solve business problems and the communication skills necessary to translate analytics into strategic initiatives toward revenue and profit goals. You will work in strong collaboration with the E-tail Sales, and Creative to deliver on corporate objectives.
The Ecommerce Marketing Manager – Amazon will report to the Senior Brand Manager U.S. with dotted line accountability to the Senior Director of Sales for E-Commerce.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Sr. Brand Manager this position is responsible for full and complete ownership of Himalaya’s portfolio of products with marketing strategy planning, promotions, and P&L responsibility.
- Must be an expert on with Amazon Seller Central and be able to analyze, marketplace data and sales analytics and create actionable plans to manage the fast-evolving operational metrics and requirements to maintain a top performing account.
- With a sharp focus on data, create and maintain Amazon marketing plans to improve and build upon the sales performance of the Himalaya portfolio.
- Develop strategies to improve the organic ranking of our products, including continuous keyword research, and identify white space to accelerate growth of the existing portfolio of products.
- Plan and execute product launches for all new products for fast sales growth in key categories.
- Continuously optimize new and existing Amazon product listings for best practices, conversion, and increased return: pictures, copywriting, keyword, title, bullet points, A+ Content, product descriptions, Storefront, etc.
- Optimize PPC campaigns to achieve sales and margin goal. Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to finetune marketing campaigns and launch new ones by analyzing results of advertising data to plan digital marketing strategies as well as promotions.
- Oversee strategy and execution of Sponsored Products/Brands/Display advertising. Develop creative, working with Creative team, and write copy. Troubleshoot any issues that arise through moderation, A/B test messaging and track performance.
- Explore and implement Amazon marketing and deals (promotions, coupons, lightning deals, Amazon Live, Posts, virtual product bundles).
- Develop robust reporting tools and KPI’s to understanding consumer behavior, advertising ROI, measuring organic search ranking.
- Actively monitor and react to competitive landscape (pricing, promotions, reviews, content, and other elements that drive customer purchase decisions).
- Closely work with Senior Director of Sales to build business plans that include development and execution of e-commerce strategy for Amazon by leveraging SEO, consumer relevant content, promotions, paid marketing. This position will also be responsible for building business plans to expand on Walmart.com, Target+, eBay etc.
- Collaborate with the Senior Category Manager to dive deep into sales and consumer data to identify category insights that optimize marketing plans and generate new product development ideas.
- Prepare necessary sales reports to management for sales and marketing data updates.
- Track the competitive landscape, inform the organization, and respond as required.
- Experience in an Amazon marketing role in a CPG environment is required
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary Amazon support team and an understanding of how to efficiently take products to market on the platform is required
- A history of Amazon specific customer contact in a marketing setting is required
- Demonstrated success launching new products in the Amazon platform
- Experience defending plans and making the case for resources with data
- Experience working with creatives, ability to write briefs and an eye for good design. Can create ad concepts and compose copy. Note: graphics design experience is not required.
- Strong project managements skills to work cross-functionally and deliver on plans in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain excellence and be highly effective working with a remote team and having only periodic in-person contact with leadership
- Ability to work with ambiguity, navigate and add value to business situations and organizational challenges with no existing process or solution
- Ability to manage projects, develop timelines, articulate critical paths and deliver outcomes on time.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer-centric mindset
- A bias for action and the ability to chart a course vs. follow one
- Required Qualifications
- 5-7 years of Amazon specific account management for consumer products is required
- 3+ years working specifically with Amazon Seller Central, Vendor Central.
- Knowledge of PPC bid management and AMS
- Campaign knowledge includes, but is not limited to: Product Launching, Product Promoting, Keyword Optimization and Ranking, Listing, PPC optimization, A/B testing, Product and Audience Targeting
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic strategy and marketing concepts (e.g., SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Knowledge of Amazon tools, such as Sellics, Helium 10 and Jungle Scout.
- Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., Stackline) used in the analysis of consumer and volume dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field required
- Deep, tactical knowledge of the Amazon marketplace
- Consistent record of posting strong results in an Amazon marketing role
- A progression of Amazon specific experience
- Significant analytical and critical thinking skills with experience analyzing data & translating it into action
- Experience managing across functions to support growth on the Amazon platform
- Demonstrated success in challenging and ambiguous business situations
- Highly collaborative and capable of receiving direction from peers and leaders across functions
- Willingness to travel regularly to headquarters in Sugarland, TX, attend trade shows and support customer meetings
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Expert level Excel and above average power point skills are required to be effective in this role
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to discern priorities without supervision
- Strong attention to detail balanced with a sense of urgency and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated excellent written and communication skills
- Examples of prior experience and written work will be requested, along with references
Knowledge of and personal involvement with natural products and a healthy lifestyle
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k)
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 3 in an Amazon specific management function.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the role. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.