Assists Director of Sales and other Account Managers with the management of assigned accounts. Strong relationships with account contacts as well as experience in and passion for natural products industry required or the ability to develop key account relationships. Assists with business initiatives as requested to help drive sales in key accounts. Develops processes and tools to create efficiencies in systems used by the Director and sales team. Works closely with Brand and Shopper Marketing along with the Analytics team to support regular reporting functions and retailer initiatives/requirements for the Director to support promotional efforts, new product launches and business.
- Creates and updates reports and tools for Director of Sales for supplier set up, product submissions and maintaining product list, promotional schedules, review timing and retail accuracy for assigned Accounts.
- Proactively maintains Account product information sheets, customer price lists and important sales support documentation that changes regularly with business dynamics.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with sales, marketing, analytics, accounting, and operation teams to create efficiencies.
- Maintains a working understanding of account dynamic including strengths and weaknesses, competitive activities, opportunities for growth, return on investment, ability to reach sales targets, changes in key personnel and other dynamics influencing account performance.
- Understands company objectives and strategic initiatives and seeks to assist Director with driving account performance that aligns.
- Actively keeps track of all sales account accounting functions interacting with accounting team as needed.
- Calls on key account contacts when directed by phone and email to maintain business.
- Develops effective follow-up and follow-through program to ensure account needs get addressed efficiently and effectively and can share this information thoroughly but concisely with the Director.
- Monitors competitive sales and marketing activities for account list to evaluate impact on Director’s business plan.
- Assists with specified account portal data entry and management.
- Assists Director with creating promotional programs and merchandising tools to drive in-store performance and growth for targeted accounts. Works with shopper to have sales programs sold in and executed to meet deadlines.
- Performs reporting duties as outlined by Director. Utilizes CRM and other sales tools as required by sales leadership.
- Travels as needed to gain insight into industry needs, chain account management, chain operations, competitor activity, and execution in stores, along with trade shows and Quarterly office visits.
- Upon request, prepares specific account periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of opportunity.
- Prepares and submits on time and accurate promotional paperwork, new item forms, price change documents, portal work and other required documents for assigned accounts.
- Minimum 3+ years sales experience, account management in the natural products industry
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent mentoring, and people management skills
- Committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Current and Valid Drivers ID
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English.
In addition to experience in sales, the candidate should be enthusiastic, creative, high-energy, should work well in a team-oriented environment and be an effective and clear communicator, especially via e-mail. The candidate should have strong time management skills, be extremely organized and exhibit the ability to effectively prioritize. The candidate should be able to work well with the internal team. The candidate should also have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as technology skills. The candidate should be able to travel and have overnights on a regular basis, operate a vehicle, and lift 15 pounds or more at times.
Candidates must have a high level of organization, verbal communication, written, and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy. Must have attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is in the home office.
- Nights spent traveling away from home to corporate office and key accounts are potentially 20-30%.
- Position may require travel via air or other means.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability & 401(k).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.