Assists Director of Sales with the management of assigned key accounts as well as support with retail broker management. Requires strong relationships with key contacts as well as experience in and passion for natural products industry. Assists with business initiatives as requested to help drive sales in key accounts. Develops processes and tools to drive focus on business priorities and create efficiencies in systems used by the Director. Works closely with Brand and Shopper Marketing along with the Analytics team to support regular reporting functions and retailer initiatives/requirements for the Director to support promotional efforts, new product launches and business development. Helps to create efficiency and effectiveness with the retail broker team.
Reports to the Sr. Director of Sales & Business Development with dotted line to Director of Sales
- Creates and updates reports for Director of Sales for product submissions and maintaining product list and retail accuracy for assigned Accounts. Assists Director of Sales with specified account portal data entry and management
- Proactively maintains Account product information sheets, customer price lists and important sales support documentation that changes regularly with business dynamics.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with broker team, sales, marketing, analytics and operation teams to create efficiencies.
- Assists Director with strategic sales and marketing plan development to achieve annual budgeted volume objectives as well as development of new item presentations and annual reviews.
- Maintains a working understanding of account dynamic including strengths and weaknesses, competitive activities, opportunities for growth, return on investment, ability to reach sales targets, changes in key personnel and other dynamics influencing account performance.
- Understands company objectives and strategic initiatives and seeks to assist Director with driving account performance that aligns.
- Calls on key account contacts when directed by phone and email to maintain business.
- Monitors competitive sales and marketing activities at assigned accounts to evaluate impact on Director’s business plan.
- Assists Director with creating promotional programs and merchandising tools to drive in-store performance and growth for targeted accounts. Works closely with marketing and sales and promotions planner to have sales programs sold in and executed to meet deadlines.
- As needed, is willing to represent company at trade association meetings to promote product and Company.
- Upon request, prepares specific account periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of opportunity.
- Assists the broker team with reporting and operational support needs such as URI, dropbox, car stock budgets, monthly reporting, and marketing/new item launch initiatives to help meet goals and objectives
- Travels as needed to gain insight into industry needs, chain account management, chain operations, competitor activity, broker education/needs and execution in stores.
- Assists Director of Sales to understand key retailer dynamics in the natural channel and help to develop field strategies to address, articulate these strategies to the broker team. Also helps to develop field strategies to win in key accounts and additionally manages administrative duties for key accounts
- Supports Director of Sales with broker management, support, and territory analyzing and planning
- Assists in defining broker needs and aids in development of plans to be a best-in-class broker partner. Can understand and articulate broker team strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and assist with creating defined strategies across segments. Assist with Inside Sales coverage optimization.
- Assists Director with management of Pharmacy and Practitioner business
- Minimum 3+ years sales experience, account management in the natural products industry
- Track record of superior performance metrics
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent mentoring, and people management skills
- Committed to continuous personal and professional development
- Current and Valid Drivers ID
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English.
In addition to extensive experience in sales, the candidate should be enthusiastic, creative, high-energy, should work well in a team-oriented environment and be an effective and clear communicator, especially via e-mail. The candidate should have strong time management skills, be extremely organized and exhibit the ability to effectively prioritize. He or she should be able to work well with the internal team. The candidate should also have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as technology skills. The candidate should be able to travel and have overnights on a regular basis, operate a vehicle, and lift 15 pounds or more at times.
Candidates must have a high level of organization, verbal communication, written, and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Must have attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment is in the home office.
- Nights spent traveling away from home to corporate office and key accounts are potentially 20-30%.
- Position may require travel via air or other means.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, plus commission.
- Excellent company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability & 401(k).