We inspire a trust in plants and respect for nature. We balance purpose with profit, treating our employees with respect and gratitude.
Located in beautiful Williams, Oregon, Herb Pharm is the nation’s leading liquid herbal supplement company. Comprised of a diverse organic farm and production facility, we work with more than 250 plants and distribute over 200 liquid herbal extracts to grocery, natural food, and specialty stores nationwide and have been for over 40 years!
We are looking for dedicated professionals to grow with our Sales team.
Summary: This position is responsible for increasing sales within an assigned geographic territory building relationships with key accounts, improving merchandising in stores, educating and inspiring sales associates, as well as participating in goal-oriented sales program implementation.
At-Will Employment: Herb Pharm is an at-will employer, nothing in this job description should be interpreted as an employment contract.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Services existing accounts by visiting stores regularly, assuring that shelf space is maintained according to Herb Pharm standards, obtaining orders, and building relationships with store buyers.
- Ensures that staff within stores are effectively educated on Herb Pharm products by utilizing trainers who travel throughout the territory visiting stores.
- Manages all accounts in the territory that are assigned to the sales representative; ensuring that each account is growing in sales and participating in programs as directed by sales management.
- Achieves sales goals for assigned territory, works with sales manager to assure that individual goals are met.
- Assists in developing sales among key accounts in assigned territory, by maintaining good relationships with managers and buyers at these accounts, prospecting new key accounts, and keeping regional sales manager informed of changing needs of key accounts as well as potential new business.
- Reviews and utilizes regular territory sales reports to identify opportunities and achieve goals.
- Attends trade shows as directed, and represents Herb Pharm at various industry meetings and seminars, building relationships within the industry and gathering information on changing market trends and competitive environments.
- Participates with other members of the sales team in evaluating customer needs and market trends and recommending product development ideas, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Communicates confidently in a clear, concise, and articulate manner.
- Builds relationships and trust with colleagues and clients.
- Takes ownership and is proactive in learning and delivering excellence.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively with strong prioritization skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimum guidance.
- Passion for natural healing and herbal wellness.
- Ability to exercise judgement and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel independently and manage travel budgets effectively. This position requires up to 70% travel and previous travel experience is required.
- Ability to be semi-remote with onsite locations in Northern California region.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years minimum Consumer Packaged Goods sales experience including overnight travel and territory management.
- Preferably experienced in the herbal extract, nutrition and/or natural foods industry.
Certificate and Licenses: Current valid Driver’s License
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as business and industry journals, financial reports, company procedures manuals, safety rules and computer operating manuals. Ability to compile, analyze and write routine sales and credit reports. Ability to write effective ad copy and professional business correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to convey enthusiasm to others, well developed leadership skills, proven ability to train, coach and inspire subordinates and peers to achieve their personal best. Ability to effectively handle interpersonal conflict among subordinates, peers, and superiors, effectively resolving prioritization issues. Ability to establish rapport and relate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as business associates outside the company.
Our generous benefits package includes a complete range of quality health benefits:
- Comprehensive group medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents
- Coverage includes a variety of alternative health care options
- Prescription drug coverage with a mail order program
- Generous employee purchase discounts on our herbal products
- Employee assistance program
- Green Commuter Initiative to encourage carpooling, walking and biking to work
- Life, accident and disability insurance
- Paid vacation and personal time off
- Short term disability plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company matching and profit-sharing features
- Offer of employment is contingent upon a successful pre-employment screening