Green Spoon, an established Natural foods broker representing the best organic and natural food lines on grocery shelves, is looking for a Key Account Manager for Pacific Northwest (PacNW) natural accounts, in the Portland, Oregon or surrounding area. This will primarily be a home office position.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with assigned Key Accounts and their category managers as well as Distributors (UNFI / KEHE, ETC.)
- Work with the team to continuously improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Be proactive in supporting retailers, distributors with store openings, distributor tabletops, Expo, etc.
- Develop and recommend strategic /sound promotional plans for key principals
- Introduce new products from our brands to assigned accounts
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with all principal clients.
- Collaborate with Green Spoon leadership team to generate ideas for growing our Principals’ business and make suggestions for improvement.
- Present and receive buyer approvals for new lines/skus at assigned key accounts
- Develop and work closely with UNFI / KEHE representatives of assigned accounts
- Secure prime placement in planograms and on store shelves
- Prepare and submit New Items Forms, Distributor and Retail Promotions on a consistent basis by deadlines
- Secure key retailer appointments for our principals
- Attend retailer meetings with principals and collaborate on all paperwork and reporting
- Manage and oversee category review calendars that pertain to our principals and your account responsibilities
- 3+ years of relevant natural foods or conventional grocery experience
- The ideal candidate will be located in the Portland, Oregon or surrounding area
- College degree strongly preferred
- Organic and natural experience preferred
Full-time, salary with strong benefits package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.