Green Spoon, an established Natural foods broker representing the best organic and natural food lines on grocery shelves, is looking for a Key Account Manager for Mid-Atlantic conventional grocery accounts, based in the Washington DC-Baltimore or Philadelphia areas. This will primarily be a home office position.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with assigned Key Accounts and their category managers as well as Distributors (UNFI / KEHE, ETC.)
- Work with the team to continuously improve effectiveness and productivity.
- Be proactive in supporting retailers, distributors with store openings, distributor tabletops, Expo, etc.
- Develop and recommend strategic /sound promotional plans for key principals
- Collaborate with Green Spoon leadership team to generate ideas for growing our Principals’ business and make suggestions for improvement. Includes strategic discussion on handling Supermarket/ Conventional business as convergence of two channels continues.
- Present and receive buyer approvals for new lines/skus at assigned key accounts
- Develop and work closely with UNFI / KEHE representatives of assigned accounts
- Secure prime placement in planograms.
- Prepare and submit New Items Forms, Distributor and Retail Promotions, etc.
- Secure key retailer appointments for our principals
- Attend retailer meetings with principals and collaborate on all paperwork and reporting
- Manage and oversee category review calendars that pertain to our principals
- 3+ years of relevant natural/conventional grocery experience selling to HQ
- The ideal candidate will reside in the Washington DC, Baltimore or Philly areas
- College degree strongly preferred
- Organic and natural experience preferred
- Full-time, salary with strong benefits package