The National Key Account Manager is responsible for maintaining existing relationships and driving the development of new business with major, high-revenue customers.
The National Key Account Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Responsibilities herein represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other duties may be assigned to meet emerging business needs. This position is a full- time position and is exempt from overtime. This is a remote opportunity requiring regional and national travel, to include Olympia, Washington.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing new business of Key Account customers, spearheading all sales activities including negotiation, strategic planning, promotion strategy, relationship management, project management, coordination, and development and execution of opportunities.
- Accountable for achieving sales goals. Implements and executes annual sales strategies in line with Company parameters to achieve objectives with Key Account customers.
- Actively maintains Key Account customers, by sustaining relationships with buyers, communicating sales and marketing plans, curating custom promotion programs, presenting new products, display and merchandising concepts, delivering accurate pricing, and conducting annual business reviews.
- Provides ongoing analysis and assessments to management of sales plans results by channel, chain, and individual customer.
- Acts as primary interface between designated key customers and all relevant internal divisions (management team, outside sales team, inventory planning team, etc.).
- Effectively communicates approved retail activities, promotional plans, merchandising and new item authorizations with affiliated outside sales and internal customer service team to ensure coordinated retail execution at the store level primarily in writing and orally in meetings.
- Acts as resource for external sales staff regarding sales objectives, program commitments, trends, etc. for Key Account customers.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to all kinds of people in building appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships.
- Three (3) + years’ experience as a Key Account Manager.
- Track record of skillfully negotiating in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30-50% of the time.
- Excellent organizational skills and habits.
- Ability to work independently with integrity, efficiency, and discernment, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate level skills in Excel required.
- Experience and comfort in making effective group presentations.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license for home state
- Strong relationships with key customers in natural products industry.
- Experience with SAP Business One or similar ERP.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Fungi Perfecti, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.