Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Key Accounts Specialist will support Key Account Sales Management staff in maintaining existing business, generating new business opportunities, as well as, developing retail partners in both the Natural and Conventional channels.
- Provide key account support to the day-to-day operations of the Key Account sales team.
- Manage all vendor portals related to onboarding new retail partners, updating products, and maintaining promotional programs.
- Coordinate and manage department attendance at trade shows, sales meetings, retail interviews and business reviews.
- Coordinate and work with other division managers, additional departments and distributor account executives on new and existing product information, promotions, etc. as needed.
- Develop and complete custom projects as requested by chains, retailers, and leadership.
- Work with key business partner contacts to create strong relationships. This includes developing relationships with our retail partners, corporate headquarter category managers, key department contacts, and distributor representatives as appropriate.
- Work with retail partners, and utilize their promotion calendars to develop, implement and track strategic sales promotional plans for assigned key accounts on new and current products.
- Develop, implement, and maintain monthly reporting tools to be utilized with our retail partners, and internal managers, that summarize accomplishments, additional retail targets and opportunities.
- May require regional and national sales meeting attendance, as well as trade show and trade association convention participation.
- Utilize reporting tools to analyze movement, lift, placement, and voids; work with the sales team to manage, monitor and maximize implementation of placement, plus-outs and promotions.
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- A high level of motivation with a strong work ethic
- Flexibility to successfully multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and a positive outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentational skills and public speaking abilities
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint and Internet literacy Familiarity with databases and SharePoint helpful
- Good data-mining and analytical abilities
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Merchandising/schematic skills a plus
- Knowledge of natural products/brands and retail landscape necessary
- Current relationships with chains and distributors helpful
- Extensive outside sales experience preferred 5+ years
- Valid driver’s license – good driving record
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably with distributor experience
- 2 – 5 years of Key Account experience
Training and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheets and word processing software. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general reports or instructions. Ability to effectively present information concisely and respond to questions from various internal and external groups. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
Long periods of sitting and standing
Working with a computer
Requires flexibility of schedule as needed
May require evening or weekend work
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to type or handle and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk or stand. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use critical thinking, data analysis and mathematical skills. The employee is also required to use interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Analytical Skills
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Building
Full-time salary with a strong benefits package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.