The FDM Customer Development Manager is responsible for managing large chain retailers. Identifies, acquires and manages customer opportunity and long-term growth. Forges relationships with large chain buyers and key leadership to create annual business plans and coordinates efforts internally and externally to execute plans. Develops sales objectives, strategies, and works with marketing to orchestrate consumer awareness and promotional programs. This is once in a lifetime opportunity to work with Company that at its core has a central focus to change the health of the world through cutting edge, scientifically backed products that provide healthier solutions derived from nature.
- +5 years managing the sales of emerging and disruptive brands and/or large CPG brands that have consistently outperformed category competitors.
- Primary category experience in OTC, Nutrition, Functional Foods and/or Personal Care segments.
- Direct experience and existing relationships with buyers representing large chains in Food, Drug and Mass.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices in establishing initial consumer engagement and trial within retail environments.
- Mastery of creating buyer presentations that result in new product approvals, line extensions, and entailed customer support of consistent in store promotional activity.
- Experience in identifying new customers, setting up engagement presentations, and managing the process of onboarding accounts (internally and externally).
- Extensive experience in category management and working with syndicated POS databases (IRI, SPINS, & customer Portals) to monitor and manage performance within key customers.
- Ability to manage and optimize broker performance in mid to smaller chains and direct management of larger chains.
- History of attending and optimizing sales at key trade shows and ECRM.
- Experience in Digestive Category a big plus.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Ability to multi-task, work efficiently in fast paced environment with a sense of urgency to achieve plan objectives and support customer needs.
- High degree of professionalism in giving presentations that reflect both precision in making a strong case of opportunities and passion for the brand and its mission.
- Meaningful experience in analyzing marketplace and customers trends and a strong aptitude in managing P & L of the areas of responsibility.
- The individual should have a high level of reliability in being able to self-manage opportunities and lead internal teams to achieve the necessary tasks to ensure success.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.