Ecocert USA and Natures International Certification Services (NICS) are announcing immediate openings for Certification Decision Officers in Farm/ Livestock and Processor/ Handling focused roles. Ecocert USA and NICS are part of the Ecocert Group, which is a global organization focused on sustainability and excellence in organic certification and sustainability. We welcome candidates who are excited to be a part of our organization during this exciting time, while we transition into the Ecocert group umbrella in the United States. Remote candidates are welcome to apply!
The ideal candidates will have understanding of farming practices and foods systems with an emphasis relating to the organic industry being preferred. The ability to work collaboratively with clients and coworkers while paying attention to detail is necessary, as are excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Review farm, livestock and/or handling system plans and inspection reports in accordance with applicable regulations/standards.
- Make certification decisions and compliance determinations based on USDA NOP regulations and policies, industry best practices, and internal policies and procedures.
- Determine compliance of operations with applicable regulations/standards.
- Review and approve agricultural inputs and product labels, ingredients, recipes, on a documentary basis.
- Write and issue reports, corrective actions and other documents in accordance with certification decision.
- Communicate review results through excellent written and oral communication within established timelines.
- Compile, organize and maintain client documentation to justify compliance and ensure proper invoicing.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry standards to educate clients and provide training on the certification process.
- Communicate complex technical information in a positive and effective way.
- Conduct audits/inspections of applicants and certified operations as assigned.
- Represent Ecocert group at events and meetings, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in agriculture, chemistry, biology, food science or related scientific field, OR Associate’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience. A combination of education, experience, and industry knowledge/ experience will be considered.
- Able to read, interpret, and apply complex regulatory information or parameters to a specific situation.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and partner with diverse staff and clients with different strengths and skills in a very busy and fast-moving work environment.
- Highly self-organized with the ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining quality standards consistently.
- Skilled at using Microsoft office suite, internet research, and databases
- Auditing or USDA NOP certification experience
- Strong understanding of agriculture (farming and/or livestock production).
- Background or experience in food production, quality systems, food safety systems.
- Prior regulatory experience in the agriculture or food industries.
- Knowledge of USDA NOP and related international standards.
- Experience using ECert Intact Software.
Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance; 401K plan. Full Time exempt, annual base salary and bonus potential.
For over 25 years Ecocert has been a leader in organic certification worldwide. Our mission is: To help build a sustainable world by encouraging people to adopt good environmental and societal practices across all sectors, all over the world. To support this mission, Ecocert and NICS offer diverse certifications in addition to organic food, including Cosmos, Fair For Life, Regenerative Organic Certification. Rainforest Alliance, GOTS, FSA, UEBT, OPT, AGA and more. Ecocert USA and NICS certify over 1,900 organic crops, livestock, handling and personal care operations throughout the United States.
To apply: Please submit both your resume and cover letter.
Preference will be given to applications received by June 4, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.