Are you an ambitious financial professional seeking a challenging and rewarding role in one of the Salinas Valley’s most reputable companies?? Our client, with a rich heritage in pioneering farming methods and a continuous drive for innovation, is seeking a dedicated Assistant Controller to join their team.
This company comes from humble beginnings and has grown into a significant presence across multiple states. With a nationally and internationally recognized brand, they continue to expand, offering ample room for professional growth and development for people who perform within their team. Opportunities for advancement abound, providing possibilities for learning new aspects of the business and increased compensation.
As a Assistant Controller, you will be a crucial part of the company's financial and accounting process. Managing a team of 3, you'll closely collaborate with production teams and company leadership. Responsibilities include leading the accounting functions for two entities, handling financial reporting, and analysis, managing internal controls, overseeing the annual audit, and owning the monthly close process. Your keen eye for detail and passion for overcoming challenges will be essential in maintaining the company's high standards.
For this crucial role, we seek a highly knowledgeable accounting professional with an eye for detail and an engaging personality who thrives in a team environment. Experience in agriculture or a strong understanding of cost accounting and manufacturing is highly preferred.
Become part of a company on an upward trajectory, offering the potential for personal and professional growth within the organization. Contribute to a company that values innovation, sustainability, and quality in every aspect of its operations, providing numerous opportunities to make a substantial impact. Work alongside experienced professionals who have made lasting careers with the company, offering a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Enjoy comprehensive benefits, including excellent healthcare and a 401K match.
- Supervise accounting and financial operations for 2 farming entities
- Mentor and guide a team of up to 3 staff and senior accountants
- Review the general ledger for accuracy and compliance
- Execute month-end accounting tasks for closing financial records
- Prepare financial reports and ensure the accuracy of all financial statements
- Analyze financial data, revenues, and expenses for accurate recording
- Present timely and accurate financial reports
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and perform diverse analyses
- Compare budget to actual results, identifying and addressing variances
- Contribute to developing streamlined processes for the accounting team
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with internal and external contacts
- Work with an outside CPA firm for the annual audit process
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent
- Preferred CPA certification
- 4+ years of related experience
- Working experience with Microsoft D365 (or a similar system) is highly desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems independently with sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multitasking abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills across all levels of the company
- Consistent accuracy, thoroughness, and dependability
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.