Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Lead the non-perishable category management team to define, monitor and adjust departmental and product specific strategies to achieve sales, sell thru, profit, and market share. Prioritize quarterly objectives for each manager and ensure timing and action plans are constructed and used to ensure results on strategies and objectives
- Analyze overall trends in product, merchandising, layout, and fixtures to stay on trend, drive sales and innovation, and stay ahead of competition;
- Facilitate product, fixture, and merchandising vision and development that properly positions Busch’s as a premier, fresh, and innovative grocer in our targeted markets, consistent with the company’s strategic plan.
- Develop and manage department’s budgets. Ensure the financial objectives are being met/exceeded and make required course corrections.
- Manage strategic vendor relationships. Conduct regular meetings and communicate with suppliers to monitor supplier performance.
- Facilitate development of annual, seasonal and weekly promotional activity plans, inclusive of product promotional selection, margin forecasting, store merchandising direction, signage, ad proofing, competitive activity and product pre-sells.
- Provide guidance for strategic competitive retail pricing to maximize sales and profits.
- Maintain Set Team’s focus on effective and trend-conscious merchandising in resets, remodels, and re-flows; apply the same logic as appropriate to seasonal merchandising. Lead the entire non-perishable team to merchandise the retail space as a whole, to promote the Busch’s brand as identified in the strategic plan. Includes planning and proposing new program equipment needs required to achieve brand objectives, labor requirements and sell thru.
- Develop budget for capital requirements as appropriate.
- Manage the new/discontinued item process to maximize sales, profits, and productivity.
- Conduct effective testing as needed for new roll-outs to anticipate and resolve operational concerns prior to all-store execution.
- Work closely with Marketing to source, plan, and execute branding opportunities for stores and the community as it relates to product and/or vendor involvement.
- Work closely with partners in Operations to drive consistency, maintaining good relationships and open and honest communication; visit stores regularly to assess category strategies and solicit/offer feedback.
- Provide merchandising leadership within category and operations that supports our strategic plan.
- Facilitate development of best practices for all category management related processes.
- Perform functional roles as required; balance time to ensure that both functional and leadership responsibilities are met.
- Provide solid leadership and guidance to direct reports and their teams.
- Teach, train, and coach teams for improved performance to the business and strategic plan.
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state of the art practices and networking.
- Execute with operational integrity by anticipating problems, taking preventative measures, and adapting to changes that improve our operations or guest experience.
- Consistently follow Busch’s policies and procedures.
- Share our passion for our products by being familiar with our products and services and actively seeking and sharing that information.
Skills & Requirements
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field. Master degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience in store operations and category management.
- Proficient management and leadership skills.
- Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Proficient presentation skills, including confidence in getting up in front of people.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects/plans 12 to 24 months out.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.