At WellMore, innovation is at the heart of what we do. We aim to develop products that consumers want, that have good taste, quality, and efficacy, and have purpose, so they come back again and again. Our products not only taste good, but make people feel good and help them be “well” more. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovation and our brands, have a consumer-centric orientation, and are excited to work in a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
We have a tremendous opportunity for an Innovation Manager to join our team in Grayslake, IL.
The Innovation Manager will report to the Director of Innovation, supporting the WellMore brands while working to drive innovation projects across our health and wellness categories. This role is a leadership position, responsible for driving strategic thought and execution to develop and shape our product pipeline, help reach new target consumers, and grow our portfolio. The Innovation Manager must have previous brand marketing training, experience with product development and innovation, and knowledge of how to market through different channels.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of consumer-packaged goods experience with a background in brand management, ideally from a Food and Beverage company
- 2+ years innovation experience, either in an NPD, innovation, brand, or marketing role
- Proven track record of new product development from ideation to launch
- Experience managing cross-functional teams comprised of subject matter experts across several disciplines (Operations, R&D, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Finance, Sales, Marketing)
- Experience with P&Ls, budgeting, forecasting, and business reporting
- Experience working within a Stage Gate process
- Must have ability to translate ambiguous information into tangible recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong problem analysis and solution development skills
- Must exhibit strategic thinking skills (ability to see the big picture).
- Must be able to balance strategic planning (“creating the future”) with tactical execution (“running the business”).
- Must have ability to analyze complex data and situations and develop a range of simple solutions.
- Must be able to utilize quantitative, qualitative, and syndicated research to develop innovation plans.
- Must be an excellent presenter, with strong presence and an ability to influence key internal and external customers.
- Must have strong ability to interact and collaborate with project managers and multiple functions throughout the organization.
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to changing business environment at a fast-growing CPG company
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook) and Google software suites.
- Supplement and Health Foods/Nutrition experience preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.