The Synergy Company is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to join our
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Embody, utilize, and coach Synergy’s RISE values (Respect, Integrity, Sustainability, Exploration)
- Provide oversight, inspirational leadership, and transformational change to day-to-day manufacturing work, including ingredient weighing-blending, encapsulation, bottling, labeling, pack-out, sanitation, equipment changeovers, and material transfers
- Prioritize safety and employee wellness across all manufacturing work through relentless determination to make continuous and systematic improvements
- Lead the work, culture, and tools of the Manufacturing Team; studying, exploring, testing/iterating, learning, and changing manufacturing layouts, job assignments, schedules, and configurations to optimize value stream productivity
- Supervise and optimize tiered management huddles and reporting across manufacturing areas to assure timely, effective, and productive flow of materials and information within Manufacturing and across other departments
- Lead efforts to ensure that Manufacturing’s work is carried out in full compliance with FDA regulations and meeting the standards set by GMP, HACCP, allergen, Kosher, Organic, OSHA and other regulatory systems followed by the Company
- Lead the documentation of standard work procedures across manufacturing, the execution of work to these standards, and updating of standards to improved work
- Lead the design, development, implementation, tracking, and analysis of key metrics for value stream manufacturing
- Lead the execution of manufacturing batch record documentation and manufacturing-related ERP transactions
- Lead the Manufacturing Team in contributing to ongoing and long-term equipment maintenance efforts
- Develop and implement all manufacturing staffing plans, team organization, and organizational improvements
- Onboard, train, and coach manufacturing managers, leads, and supervisors; coordinate with HR colleagues to document all cross-training and employee work certifications
- Measure, track, and improve Manufacturing’s theoretical capacity and actual capacity
- Organize, lead, and track Manufacturing’s continuous improvement efforts
- Lead performance management work for Manufacturing employees: performance reviews, performance improvement plans, promotions, disciplinary actions, pay increases, etc.
- Develop, optimize, and lead all manufacturing scheduling so that it aligns with demand and supply planning
- Proactively plan and administer all Manufacturing-related budgets
- Lead capital improvement projects within manufacturing to keep pace with anticipated future customer demand
- Develop and coordinate future manufacturing capacity plans including manufacturing design, layout, and equipment needs
- Contribute as a member of the Operations Leadership Team—developing Operations-wide value stream improvements—in partnership with peer leaders from Supply Chain and Logistics and Quality
- Contribute as a key member of Synergy’s senior management team, shaping company strategy and developing Manufacturing and cross-department plans to meet near- and long-term priorities
- As a member of the senior management team, serve as an inspirational cross-function leader in a closely knit small business, providing mentorship, guidance, and role modeling to employees throughout the organization
- Build a positive and collaborative culture that supports values aligned work with all employees and all departments at Synergy
- Engage in ongoing learning through reading, application, and receiving collaborative feedback
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A track record of promoting and protecting employee safety and wellness as the highest priority
- A clear, well-articulated, and compelling vision of what manufacturing operations workflow, systems, processes, tools, organization structure, and outcomes at the Company could be—based on the principles of long-term/systems thinking, flow, pull, work leveling, standardization, built-in quality, visual management, judicious technology, developing people and partners, and incremental problem-solving
- A track record of successfully organizing, leading, and managing work using best practices of: long-term/systems thinking, flow, pull, work leveling, standardization, built-in quality, visual management, judicious technology, developing people and partners, and incremental problem-solving
- A record of accountability for real-time performance metrics
- A deportment and work style that promotes and exemplifies the Company values of Respect, Integrity, Sustainability, and Exploration
- The experience, initiative, and resourcefulness to develop, carry out, and follow through on original action
- A passion for developing and coaching employees, evidenced by a track record of organizing time, systems, and priority for its accomplishment
- Experience seeking out problems and enabling scientific problem-solving: discovery, scoping, short-term countermeasures, root cause analysis, long-term solutions, and updated controls and standards
- A demonstrated habit of individual, incremental, daily improvement of work, environment, and self.
SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION
- Salary Range of $110,000.00 to $150,000.00 per year.
- Relocation assistance negotiable.
- This position includes full benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k retirement program with company match, paid parental leave, monthly product stipend, generous subsidy for on-site childcare, paid professional development, and more.
In 1972, a near-fatal car accident
As a certiﬁed B Corp, we
Today, The Synergy Company™
At The Synergy Company™, we
We foster meaningful work for
LIVING IN MOAB
With its unique character and charm, Moab unleashes your potential to live your best life. Away from the distractions of urban life and nestled amid America’s expansive red rock wilderness, you will be able to immerse yourself in this uniquely special place, which is certain to unearth your inner peace and joy. This eclectic community will surprise and delight you with its amenities. Moab unites small town charm with ample amenities including restaurants, music, performance arts, cultural events, adventure, and captivating beauty. We have world-renowned national parks, rock climbing, mountain biking, river running, and skiing are literally just a few of the outdoor adventures that await you right outside your doorstep. Moab also offers endless opportunities for learning and intellectual development through a diverse mix of traditional and outdoor schools, continuing education, university degree programs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.