The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for providing sales-related support to the VP of Sales and Sales Managers by directing all administrative tasks related to operational activities and implementing new policies to make sales processes more efficient. This role also maintains relationships with cross-functional teams to introduce new products, deal with logistics issues and use their project management skills to reach all organizational goals. This role will manage the online sales and order entry process activities and provide support for escalated customer-service issues.
- Serve as team administrator and work with the various user groups to answer workflow, reporting, and system-related questions.
- Develop and maintain visibility into product availability, working closely with the supply chain team.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Retail team to troubleshoot any supply and other retail operational issues.
- Running reports through distributor partner portals and manipulate to keep track of inventory and trends.
- Managing most of the communication between distributor buyers and OIUSA supply chain personnel
- Manage order entry team.
- Managing all New Item activation with Key Distributor partners
- Creating efficient workbooks and tools for the Sales Team to utilize
- Managing notifications of discontinued product to distributor partners
- Keeping the sales team up to date on all distributor announcements and
- Working with marketing department and sales team to ensure generating proper ad’s with distributor partners.
- Working closely with Supply Chain to give proper notice to distributor partners of low inventory or out of stocks.
- Managing communication for price changes, product donations and disposals.
- Managing a timely turnaround time with slow movement reports and notifying RSM
- Partner with the RSM team on conducting monthly customer reviews on special projects and process improvement.
- Working with OIUSA internal Certification Supervisors and Accounting to keep distributor documents up to date.
- Be comfortable with being hands on in architecting and managing SPS and EDI setup
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar sales operations/sales support managerial role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing KeHE and or UNFI Distributors and Portal
- Experience with EDI, SPS, Power BI, or other relational database/data visualization tools a plus
- Proven ability to work and interact in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with requirement to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2-5 years of distributor relations experience in CPG industry
- Previous managerial or supervisor experience
- Previous experience training employees
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, administration or similar field will be highly regarded